Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2006 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

gavin1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

I just recieved my Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm f2.8 MC that i purchased on ebay. I bid blindly on this item due to it's really low price. I am currently using the the contax/eos adapter for my contax zeiss glass. I am wondering which apdapter to use with this lens and my EOS dreb, my con/y adapater does not work. If anyone is using this lens please let me know which apdapter i would need to buy. thank you

the front of the lens reads:

carl zeiss jena P 1:28 f2.8 MC

Jan 10, 2006 at 01:02 AM
jjlphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

That thread mount is known as either Praktica, Pentax, or M42 mount. Adapters available at http://www.cameraquest.com

Jan 10, 2006 at 01:36 AM
hubsand
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

The M42/EOS adaptor is commonly available and very cheap. Check the freshly updated
Compatibility pages at 16:9 here.

Don't miss the wonderful Flektogon Jena 35mm f2.4 (I have a beautiful fully tested late model Electric multicoated sample for sale even as we speak!), the wild Helios 85mm f1.5 and the lovely fast Takumars - all in the same mount.

Jan 10, 2006 at 02:00 AM
Qwerty64
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

Agreed the Flek 35mm f2.4 is one of the best Zeiss Jena lenses. High quality M42 adapters made in Japan and black are commonly available on ebay for under $20.

Jan 10, 2006 at 02:40 AM
gavin1

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

thanks for the input, the lens is definately not a screw mount, is a M42 screw mount only?? I will post a pic later

Jan 10, 2006 at 09:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mike Driscoll
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

Sounds like you've bought a version with a Praktica bayonet mount - they are usually cheap on Ebay. I don't recall there being an EOS adapter around for these mounts as I think the lens needs surgery to fit EOS. There was a mad-cap hack fix which used lens caps to mount the thing on the camera but it sounded very flimsy - as search on the internet for that may help on that topic.

Jan 11, 2006 at 10:00 AM
slungu
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

As far as I know, there was only a 29mm 2.8 M42 lens from Pentacon. There was however a 28mm 2.8 from Pentacon for the B-mount Praktica cameras, so I think you got one of those - you will have some work to do in that case... See under Praktica-users.com for more information on the lenses made by CZJ/Pentacon.
Regards, Stefan

Jan 11, 2006 at 01:52 PM
KOJI

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

It definitely seems the lens is Praktica bayonet mount (called B-mount) one, and unfortunately
your lens is very difficult to mount on EOS camera. One there is no adaptor available, two the back of B-mount lenses are too big for EOS mount, so the mirror hits the back of B-mount lens even if you have appropriate mount adaptor, which I made myself. Yes you can use this on CANON 300D/350D cameras since their mirror is small and itr retractable movement makes bigger clearance for B-mount lenses. But you cannot use these B-mount lens on 5D or
any normal EOS mount film cameras except EOS-RT (pericule mirror) I guess.

hope this helps.../koji

Jan 12, 2006 at 02:30 PM
gavin1

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

Thanks for the info guys, does anyone know if this could possibly fit a pentax bayonet mount? I recently purchased a CZ Jena 35-70 Macro with a pentax bayonet mount, just wondering if this could also be the same sort of mount. I have not received my new lens yet so i have nothing to compare it to. Thanks again.

Jan 16, 2006 at 12:07 AM
jjlphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm/eos

Here is where the manual lens guys hang out: http://oomz.net/mf/index.php
Lots of discussions about rare editions in various mounts.

Jan 16, 2006 at 12:52 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password