Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2005 · RAW images not showing up.. Help!

The Jeremy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RAW images not showing up.. Help!

For some reason the RAW images I take on my 20D are not accessable on my computer. I have RAW editing programs and they don't show them when I go into the camera folders and look for images. I can preview them on the camera its self, but once I try to transfer them to my hard drive, there is nothing to transfer, regardless of what program I'm using. Any help?

Sep 14, 2005 at 11:51 PM
Matt Lomeli
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RAW images not showing up.. Help!

What program are you using?

Sep 15, 2005 at 12:00 AM
The Jeremy

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RAW images not showing up.. Help!

First I just tried the regular Window's Explorer that I use to transfer JPGs from the cam to my computer. When that didn't work I tried to access the RAW files through Capture One, and also in Photoshop CS. No matter what I use to look, the images dont appear in the folder on the camera when I check through the computer, but they're on the camera because I can look at them on the LCD.

Sep 15, 2005 at 12:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

srvfm
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RAW images not showing up.. Help!

I'm not as familiar with Windoze, but Canon has the File Viewer Utility that should let you view and then convert the files. But Capture One is supposed to be great software so I'm sure it is something configured incorrectly. Are you "seeing" the camera as a drive throught a direct hookup or through a card reader?

Sep 15, 2005 at 03:53 AM
gervaise
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · RAW images not showing up.. Help!

Unless you download a new beta from MS you cannot see RAW files in Windows, and in Adobe PS CS, you must download the current version of camera raw from the Adobe website. As new cameras come out, Adobe adds them. The 20D was added last Fall. You also got some software with the 20D from Canon which will read them and convert them to TIFF or JPEGS.

If you are not familar with RAW processing, get a copy of Bruce Fraser's Camera RAW and Adobe PS CS or CS2 and read it carefully. It will give you a lot of information you need and is excellent.

Sep 15, 2005 at 07:43 AM
brendonbl
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · RAW images not showing up.. Help!

If you are running Windows XP, you can download an update that lets you view RAW in explorer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d48e808e-b10d-4ce4-a141-5866fd4a3286&DisplayLang=en

Hope the link works.

Sep 15, 2005 at 01:32 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password