New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2005 · Re: The Full Frame "Thing"

jmcfadden
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Re: The Full Frame "Thing"

Rico

Please understand , I am not an apologist per se for Nikon's DX strategy tho I do believe it has been a neat project and a good service for their customers. I am Not opposed to FF at ALL, I am just so sick and freaking tired of the parade of canon users preaching that FF is THE solution and all others are junk. The real scientific tests between FF and APS flagships is a dead heat. For all the bashing that we have taken this pleases us to no end. The well done tests say that is real world terms the D2x and 1DSMKII are even and that the "benefits" of FF are underleveraged if one uses canon optics on the wide end.

I could really care a rats behind what folk use to take pictures, but I am so tired of guys and many of them shoot Cropped sensors telling us the drivel about "more dynamic range, less noise, .........and the ubiquitous , "all things being equal Bigger is Always better..........." , remarks that in the final analysis are not totally true in the Real world.

I take things on merit , all these are great cameras and if folk have specific needs like sports shooters Wanting a 1.6 crop or concert shooters for instance, or the landscape shooter who doesn't want to mess with a pano rig and wants a wide FOV , (but in truth this is specious too as in the film days how many of us Really shot under 20mm? ) or whatever , but the constant proclamations of canon superiority grow wearisome

J

Aug 22, 2005 at 07:34 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.