Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2005 · Sigma fisheye and flare. How to avoid it.

wheaton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma fisheye and flare. How to avoid it.

My question is probably stupid but yesterday I used my new Sigma 15 fish for the first time. Every shot I took with the sun in it had some major flare acton in it.

Is there any way to prevent the flare without just making sure the sun is not in th picture? I like the way the sun looks in the picture, but I dont look forward to cloning out all of the spots.

F/18 1/160sec ISO 100
http://www.umsis.miami.edu/~wheaton/ice.jpg

Jan 26, 2005 at 05:45 PM
nutek
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma fisheye and flare. How to avoid it.

You're shooting *directly* into the sun. Consider yourself lucky that the Sigma fish handles flare in this contra light situation well enough that the rest of the image is not degraded much in terms of contrast and color - I have seen other lenses that do much worse - e.g. the famed Tamron 28-75

As long as your lens has got more than a few pieces of optical elements in its construction, this is an unavoidable problem, so my answer is to work around it by creatively including the flare in your picture, and not getting rid of it.

Jan 26, 2005 at 06:37 PM
akclimber
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma fisheye and flare. How to avoid it.

I find that the Sigma fish is very flare resistant. Can't expect no flare when you're pointing the lens right into the sun Flare's easily removed with the clone tool tho.

Cheers!

Jan 26, 2005 at 09:07 PM
mbohunsky
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma fisheye and flare. How to avoid it.

I for one like the flare in some pictures. I can't say that it will look spectacular in all the pics but the one you show here looks very nice.

Jan 27, 2005 at 12:16 AM
wheaton
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sigma fisheye and flare. How to avoid it.

Thanks for the responces everyone. I guess I just have to learn to embrace the flare.

Ohh, and has anyone else been unable to acess this site for the last day or so.

Jan 27, 2005 at 11:29 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.