1       2      
       end

Archive 2018 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

arbitrage wrote:
Be careful in there Eric...I hear they have things like 600FLs and D5s just sitting there to purchase

Yes, it is a candy store and I am easily tempted....but for now I will try to keep on the wagon.
Eric

Jan 19, 2018 at 04:46 PM
multibit
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

eyelaser wrote:
Well, glad I'm not going crazy (or crazier than I already was )....
Eric

Its not a huge difference , I'd agree about it looking similar to hitting the PV button

Jan 19, 2018 at 04:57 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

eyelaser wrote:
I think your .5 (or maybe slightly more) stop is about right and it does darken with the battery removed and also if I engage "preview" so I suspect you are correct. If I come across someone with one as I bumble about I will do a comparison...many thanks.
Eric

If that is the case, I sincerely doubt there is anything wrong with it. Also the preview will only darken the viewfinder by stopping down the lens if you have selected an aperture is smaller than wide open - otherwise it won't do anything. Enjoy your new camera!

Jan 19, 2018 at 05:00 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

CanadaMark wrote:
If that is the case, I sincerely doubt there is anything wrong with it. Also the preview will only darken the viewfinder by stopping down the lens if you have selected an aperture is smaller than wide open - otherwise it won't do anything. Enjoy your new camera!

👍🏻👍🏻😀

Jan 19, 2018 at 05:02 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

eyelaser wrote:
👍🏻👍🏻😀

Well after all that bumbling around with your new cheap camera, I hope to see some BBIF shots.

BBIF = Bright Bird In Flight.

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

I spent more time with the D500 but did manage a few with the D850. Here’s one.
Thanks for asking Tony 😀
https://photos.smugmug.com/Florida-December-2017/i-C4RQ9WM/0/d47acca0/XL/EG2_6376spoonbillinflightlr2a-XL.jpg

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:51 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

I can now confirm with my own eyes that the D850 VF is darker than the D500....noticed it right away when I got the 850 on Friday.

Mar 04, 2018 at 10:43 PM
sungphoto
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Image appears darker in D850 than D500

Funny thing was I didn't notice the dimmer viewfinder when I tried the D850 out in the store, even going back to back with my old 5d4, but it was pretty apparent after a week of use that it is noticeably dimmer. I'd agree that it's maybe about a third of a stop difference from what my eye is seeing. I suppose if I was given the choice of less magnification vs a brighter viewfinder, I'd prob still choose the larger magnification.

Edit - I just compared the viewfinder brightness with the D750 and it's not noticeably brighter or darker.

Mar 04, 2018 at 10:58 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.