FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · Wix vs Squarespace

nick williams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wix vs Squarespace

I am having to leave Zenfolio because their websites are not https and they can not give a time frame as to when they will be. After 10 years of being at the top of google I have found myself on page two.

Over the last 10 weeks I have worked harder than ever on my seo but I can not move above the sites that are https.

So very reluctantly and sadly I have to move BUT who to

wix, squarespace or another you can recommend . The site is mainly for weddings and events.

Jan 18, 2018 at 04:11 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wix vs Squarespace

Some of the Wix & Squarespace sites look good but I thought Wordpress was the way to go?

Jan 18, 2018 at 05:16 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wix vs Squarespace

If you need SEO, Wordpress is still the way to go. Also look at GoodGalleries, which is designed by a wedding photographer ground-up as a SEO machine. It's Rob Greer's company and he believes in a ton of relevant content in various forms, rather than just straight up blogging.

We have both a Wordpress and SS site (and have tried GoodGallery). The SS site is lovely to experience (and far more fun to administer) but is nowhere on SEO. In this down season, we're trying to up the SEO on it but so far there are no real gurus saying 'here's exactly what you need to do'. A lot of tips here and there that we're trying. I do love our Square Space site though - such a great company / concept.

Our SS site is love-and-lens.com

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:20 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wix vs Squarespace

Love Wix, but SEO isn't a priority for me so am not sure how they perform in that area. Created my site from scratch and was up and running in a few hours. Short learning curve, super easy to maintain and modify and add or delete photos whenever I want. One thing that impresses me about Wix is that they are continuously innovating and adding new features, which you can decide to use, or not, based on your needs.

Jan 20, 2018 at 03:25 PM
tbdinh
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wix vs Squarespace

LeeSimms wrote:
If you need SEO, Wordpress is still the way to go. Also look at GoodGalleries, which is designed by a wedding photographer ground-up as a SEO machine. It's Rob Greer's company and he believes in a ton of relevant content in various forms, rather than just straight up blogging.

We have both a Wordpress and SS site (and have tried GoodGallery). The SS site is lovely to experience (and far more fun to administer) but is nowhere on SEO. In this down season, we're trying to up the SEO on it but so far there are no real gurus saying 'here's
...Show more

I agree. Beautiful photos on your website by the way.

Off topic: have you ever attended Rob's SEO workshop?

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:59 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wix vs Squarespace

Thanks. My children and associates shot all the good ones :-)

I wanted to attended Rob's thing last time he was in our town but had a scheduling conflict. I've have done one-on-one consulting with him and have a feel for his philosophy.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:17 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wix vs Squarespace

Mitch W wrote:
SEO isn't a priority for me.

How isn't SEO a priority for you? You don't want business?

Jan 23, 2018 at 04:12 PM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wix vs Squarespace

paparazzinick wrote:
How isn't SEO a priority for you? You don't want business?

I come up page one already. But as you might imagine not every business is driven by, or depends on google searches.

Jan 24, 2018 at 01:47 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wix vs Squarespace

Mitch W wrote:
I come up page one already. But as you might imagine not every business is driven by, or depends on google searches.

What keywords? I'm not finding you.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:30 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wix vs Squarespace

For the record, our associate side (with the SquareSpace site) doesn't need SEO (love-and-lens.com). All the traffic is handed to us by the venues.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:36 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wix vs Squarespace

paparazzinick wrote:
What keywords? I'm not finding you.

Sorry, you may be assuming I'm still a wedding photographer (which one couldn't fault you for, this being a wedding photo forum.).

Jan 24, 2018 at 02:30 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wix vs Squarespace

One nice thing about SquareSpace is I don't have to prep the images — just dump 'em on there. The sharpening always seems to look right no matter what device you load them on to. The site always loads quickly too, even with 3~9 megabyte image files.

Add images onto our Wordpress site is a procedure — sizing, storyboard, etc.

Jan 24, 2018 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.