Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · In Bloom

I like it Sharon ~ Ron

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:08 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · In Bloom

I like the soft glow Sharon. I'm not sure I like the stem coming in from the top of the frame though? Maybe rotated it would look more natural to me?
Truly beautiful petal display, a Peony? Did you use a special effect for processing?

Karl

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:21 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · In Bloom

Lovely ! I would like to see the entire top of the flower

Birdie

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:24 PM
SharonCat...
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · In Bloom

Karl Witt wrote:
I like the soft glow Sharon. I'm not sure I like the stem coming in from the top of the frame though? Maybe rotated it would look more natural to me?
Truly beautiful petal display, a Peony? Did you use a special effect for processing?

Karl

Yes, They were unlabeled at the store but I think they are some type of miniature peony. The actual flower head is just a bit bigger than a golf ball. I may do a recrop as I have several versions of this one and I agree the stem coming out of the corner is not the best. Rotated it looks too "classic rose" for me. Not too much processing. The effect you're seeing is that I had some tulle wrapped around my lens hood to create some "blur" and just a small open space to shoot through. It gave a bit of a texture to the background and some of the outer petals. I was trying to be creative with no chance to shoot outside and no backdrop available. Going for a painterly look.
---------------------------------------------

birdied wrote:
Lovely ! I would like to see the entire top of the flower

Birdie

Thank you Birdie. I did purposefully crop that off but it does seem to bother others, lol. I'll have to reconsider that in the future.

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM
SharonCat...
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · In Bloom

surfnron wrote:
I like it Sharon ~ Ron

Thank you!

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.