Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · FS: Profoto Pro-B4 1000 Air and ProB head plus

moisote

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Profoto Pro-B4 1000 Air and ProB head plus

Profoto Pro-B4 1000 Air and ProB head plus

Available

Price: $5,000.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USA delivery only, UPS ground shipping included

This battery powered 1000 watt second system is an absolute monster - in a good way. It is absolutely the best tool for overpowering the sun in shoots outside the studio, or for providing studio power light in settings where electrical power may be an issue. It is extremely rugged and portable, and can be very effectively used from the shoulder bag with the light head on a pole. I would love to keep it around, but unfortunately I just don't have enough use to justify it. The generator, head and bag are all in like new condition with a few very minor scuff marks here and there from light consistent use over 2 years. The charger does have a fair amount of cosmetic scuff marking (I would rate it a 9), but it is in perfect working order like the rest of the system. The sale includes the generator (sr#1304157944), one battery, one charger, one ProB head plus (sr#1409009632) with reflector and plastic cover, and a Profoto case.

Jan 15, 2018 at 04:48 PM
terencepatrick
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Profoto Pro-B4 1000 Air and ProB head plus

PM sent

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:47 AM
moisote

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Profoto Pro-B4 1000 Air and ProB head plus

Terence

I thought that I replied to your pm back on 1/20, but I see a confusing email from Miranda that makes me not so sure. At any rate, here is what I wrote last week (below). Please feel free to contact with any more questions.

Moisote

Thanks for your interest - I'll work backwards through your questions - all very reasonable :
1. I live in Tiverton, RI. That's a town about 50 miles south of Boston, MA. The town is on the ocean, but I live about 4 miles inland. Before the B4 I had an AcuteB 600 which I used outside a lot, but for some reason the same opportunities just never came up after upgrading to the B4, and I used the B4 entirely indoors on jobs in historic buildings where the owners/managers were nervous about plugging anything in that might draw anything like 10 amps. For this kind of job the unit is phenomenal - often used together with B1's. However, I just don't do this so much, and I want to move the investment to changing my "action" camera stable from Canon to Sony (I never though it could happen, but here I am). The B4 has never worked outside, not even once (I am almost disappointed to say).
2. All screens, dials, beeps, modeling lights, Air triggering, charger, plug protectors, latches, and switches work perfectly, as new. I am not aware of anything that does not work as designed.
3. Battery storage ... Always prompts a debate it seems. I have been recently persuaded to store the battery at about 60% if possible. In reality, this is not so easy to estimate, but what I do is check battery level after a shoot, and if it is more than 50% I store without recharging (at room temp, in my studio, in the generator). I have a routine of checking all of my stored batteries every month, and recharging if they have dropped below 50%, but the B4 battery seems to never drop over all the intervals I have seen - out to maybe a max of 8 weeks. The battery is VERY high quality.
4. The unit has never been serviced.
5. I bought the unit new from Capture Integration on 1/30/17 (I apologize, when I wrote the add I thought it was 2016, but now that I check, I have only had it for one year.)
I think that this unit is extremely solid, as new, and I know of no defects at all. Judging from my experience with my other Profoto equipment (Acute2, AcuteB, D4, B1's, D2's) it will give you years of use - even heavy, every day use - and tolerate all kinds of transportation.
Sincerely, Moses

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:07 PM
bja658

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Profoto Pro-B4 1000 Air and ProB head plus

PM sent.

Aug 23, 2019 at 08:18 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.