Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · Peachtree Camera for Cleaning/Calibration?

Russ S.

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Peachtree Camera for Cleaning/Calibration?

These camera repair folks out of Atlanta are coming for one day to the print shop I use in Charleston SC. They'll clean the body and calibrate my favorite lens for $60, which would be very convenient. Does anyone have experience with these guys, they're an authorized Canon and Nikon service center, but I've read some horror stories on the web about their repairs, but sometimes only unhappy folks post reviews, and this is just a cleaning. Thanks!

Jan 14, 2018 at 08:59 PM
Russ S.

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Peachtree Camera for Cleaning/Calibration?

Well, apparently few have used this SE repair outfit. Let me approach this from a different angle - how difficult and complex is a cleaning and calibration, is there anything to worry about or can go wrong?

I've had my body for a couple years of amateur use and never had the sensor cleaned. I figure it's time, and having it done in the same day locally would be a lot easier, and probably cheaper, than sending it to Canon. I thought about calibrating my main lens myself, but again, having it professionally done local for $15 dollars would be well worth it - as long as there's no pitfalls!

Jan 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM
DougVaughn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Peachtree Camera for Cleaning/Calibration?

Russ,

Peachtree comes up once each year to a local camera club meeting and does free sensor cleaning. I had them clean mine once, and it was fine. I haven't heard any negative experiences on this service (although I have seen a handful online), and the club keeps asking them back.

I did send a film camera (Pentax K1000) to them 8-10 years ago for a CLA, and my experience was good. Nothing recent as I don't manage to keep digital cameras long enough to need repair.

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:22 AM
Russ S.

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Peachtree Camera for Cleaning/Calibration?

Good to hear - thanks Doug!

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.