New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · Jovie

dobbij88

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jovie

I was able to capture this shot of my daughter last month. Admittedly, I haven’t been using my camera enough over the course of the past year so any CC would be appreciated!

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:59 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jovie

The picture itself is fine. But you don't need the bright stuff at the top of the frame - it's a big distraction. I'd also trim the left and right sides.

Jan 13, 2018 at 08:24 AM
Disaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jovie

Agreed. There isn't enough going on in the background to have that little of her in the frame either...unless you were just trying to get the specular highlights in. These would work better if you maybe had a lower angle and included them as a hairlight.

Jan 13, 2018 at 01:48 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jovie

I'm liking everything about it. Use that camera more, you have a great subject.

Jan 15, 2018 at 04:43 AM
Sauseschritt
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jovie

Great subject. Background, not so much. Kind of ugly, actually. I would have framed her much closer and in portrait orientation, trying to blurr the background completely out.

Jan 15, 2018 at 07:37 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Jovie

I agree with other comments. I'd also tidy things up a little. There are two thin weeds to camera left of her that I would clone out. I'd also get rid of some of the flyaways.

I also feel there is lack of context. It looks like she is playing dress up (or was made to look like she is), but then she's plunked down in a field. It's kind of a mishmash.

Jan 15, 2018 at 09:04 AM
dobbij88

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Jovie

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! Composition is always the challenging part for me so your comments are not at all surprising. I need to spend more time practicing and understanding how to compose a great image so that I can produce more interesting images going forward.

Jan 15, 2018 at 05:30 PM
nick53097
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Jovie

I like it as is!

Jan 18, 2018 at 04:45 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.