Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Contax G 45mm Planar in Sony E mount

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Contax G 45mm Planar in Sony E mount

Item Sold

Price: $760.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: USPS shipping by seller

I have for sale a Contax G 45mm Planar in Sony E mount. This has been converted to Sony E mount by myself. I've done several of these and this will probably be the last one I produce. Technically, Zeiss says the G45 is 46.9mm. I keep trying the normal focal length of 50ish on 35mm frame and it just doesn't work for me.

This lens conversion uses a Minolta 55mm donor body with brass helical and metal body. it is cleaned and re-lubed and has smooth focus action. The method of mounting the Contax optical unit to the helical is by a large threaded ring that can be accessed from the rear if needed. This method of construction is very similar to some M rangefinder lenses and some of the old M42 mount lenses. This allows the original up front Contax G aperture control to be used. As original, there are click stops on whole f-stops. The lens is infinity adjusted. Also, note that the Minolta aperture ring is not needed and replaced with a black painted ring and attached to the Sony E bayonet.

In the 2nd photo, I have added a finger tab similar to the old Leica tabbed lenses to help approximate focus point according to tab position. holding the camera/lens from behind, the tab is around the 5 o'clock position. Looking at the front of the camera/lens, it would be the 7 o'clock position. The feel is discreet and may not be noticed, but knowing it is there allows it to be used effectively.

There is a dust speck here and there, but the optics are clean and not tampered with. The lens comes with a generic Sony rear cap, the Contax front cap, a generic hood with 52mm generic cap.

I will pay for USPS Priority shipping in the CONUS.

Jan 12, 2018 at 06:58 PM
krug
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Contax G 45mm Planar in Sony E mount

I have one of Jim's previous conversions of this lens to E mount - it is excellent.
Highly recommend this lens - one of the very best of the famous Contax G lenses and works very well on the A7II and A7RII.
Just saying !

So grateful Jim for this lens that I couldn't resist giving it and you a little boost !

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:38 AM
JimBuchanan
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Contax G 45mm Planar in Sony E mount

Thank you, John.

Jan 13, 2018 at 01:37 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password