New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Radio Flyer

boxman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Radio Flyer

My grandsons in my old wagon. C&C welcome

Canon EOS 6D    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens    70mm    f/3.2    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 03, 2018 at 06:49 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Radio Flyer

Good one. My brother and I had one of those; I can remember it looking just like that.

Jan 03, 2018 at 07:33 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Radio Flyer

Kodak moment.

Jan 04, 2018 at 01:19 AM
boxman
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Radio Flyer

Ernie Aubert wrote:
Good one. My brother and I had one of those; I can remember it looking just like that.

Thanks Ernie. I might be doing some repair work on it this summer.

Jan 04, 2018 at 03:58 PM
boxman
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Radio Flyer

Jonathan Huynh wrote:
Kodak moment.

Thanks Jonathan.

Jan 04, 2018 at 03:59 PM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Radio Flyer

Beautiful shot. The B&W conversion looks great with the old wagon.

It would have been even better if you could have gotten them to look at the camera.

Thanks for sharing.

Jan 04, 2018 at 04:38 PM
boxman
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Radio Flyer

film_4ever wrote:
Beautiful shot. The B&W conversion looks great with the old wagon.

It would have been even better if you could have gotten them to look at the camera.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree about looking at the camera. They were looking at their parents who were trying to get them to smile. Next time I'll put the parents behind me.

Jan 04, 2018 at 07:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Radio Flyer

Amazing capture!

Wondering why the bokeh looks so harsh? Must be either the camera or post-processing, because the lens used should give buttery smooth backgrounds.

Minor, though... well done!

greg

Jan 04, 2018 at 08:32 PM
boxman
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Radio Flyer

gheller wrote:
Amazing capture!

Wondering why the bokeh looks so harsh? Must be either the camera or post-processing, because the lens used should give buttery smooth backgrounds.

Minor, though... well done!

greg

Thanks!

It was my first time out with this lens. Maybe because I was shooting at 70 instead of the higher end?

Jan 05, 2018 at 02:44 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Radio Flyer

boxman wrote:
It was my first time out with this lens. Maybe because I was shooting at 70 instead of the higher end?

Well, a longer focal length would have blurred the background more, but what I'm seeing is more a result of oversharpening.

How did you edit the photo? If you used LR, there are two methods to sharpen the subject while not sharpening the background. Both involve the adjustment brush.

With method one, make adjustments to the image but leave the clarity slider at 0. Add a brush and adjust the clarity slider of the brush, then brush over the subject.

Method 2 is the opposite. Adjust the image, then select the brush and set the clarity to a negative number and brush over the background.

This is a cute photo and the fact it is you wagon makes it that much more special!

Jan 05, 2018 at 02:58 PM
boxman
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Radio Flyer

dmacmillan wrote:
Well, a longer focal length would have blurred the background more, but what I'm seeing is more a result of oversharpening.

How did you edit the photo? If you used LR, there are two methods to sharpen the subject while not sharpening the background. Both involve the adjustment brush.

With method one, make adjustments to the image but leave the clarity slider at 0. Add a brush and adjust the clarity slider of the brush, then brush over the subject.

Method 2 is the opposite. Adjust the image, then select the brush and set the clarity to a negative number and
...Show more

Thanks for the info. I use Lightroom and will go back and try this.

Jan 06, 2018 at 05:26 PM
my1eye

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Radio Flyer

Great cart and choice for black and white. Like the eye catchlights - did you use any off camera flash/reflector or all natural light ?

Jan 07, 2018 at 01:05 AM
boxman
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Radio Flyer

my1eye wrote:
Great cart and choice for black and white. Like the eye catchlights - did you use any off camera flash/reflector or all natural light ?

It was natural light. In the shade in the late afternoon.

Jan 07, 2018 at 05:26 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password