New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

C1Pro 11 for Sony, Step by step guides?

MNPNW
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · C1Pro 11 for Sony, Step by step guides?

The Capture One user guide helps me quit a bit.

https://www.phaseone.com/CO11-pro-tutorials

https://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain/Manuals/Manuals_Software.aspx

There are some things I wish they would add like universal ctrl z and easier folder syncing.

It is complex and is taking time to learn.

Jan 06, 2018 at 12:55 AM
Abbott Schindl
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · C1Pro 11 for Sony, Step by step guides?

If you have feature requests, go to Phase One's site and enter a support "case". Call it "new feature request".

However, I don't know quite what you mean. On a Mac, I find that Ctrl-z always effects "Undo", and it works for multi-steps back as well, at least on all the tools and operations I've tried. Sometimes it gets a little irritating because, for example, selecting another variant counts as an undoable stepóundo tracks everything, not just what you're doing on a particular variant.

Also, folder synching is very easy: just right-click on a folder and select "Synchronize". What do you think would be easier? This worked flawlessly in earlier versions, but there's a glitch in C1 11 that I'm hoping gets fixed in the next '.' release.

Jan 06, 2018 at 02:13 AM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · C1Pro 11 for Sony, Step by step guides?

The saved adjustments (called Presets in LR) are called Styles in C1. When you import go down to the Adjustment option and you'll see Styles and None. You have to create a Style after you've made some all purpose adjustments that you think you'll need (to a previously opened or imported file obviously) and it should then show up.

Mike

Jan 06, 2018 at 10:34 AM
mrcserlndssn

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · C1Pro 11 for Sony, Step by step guides?

Michael - Vibrand Shot:
https://www.youtube.com/user/vibrantshot/videos

learned a lot from him regarding the standard things in C1. Otherwise like they said, Phase one has their own webinars regularly that covers almost everything.
I looove C1, but I am faster in LR, so I stayed with Lightroom.

Jan 06, 2018 at 10:09 PM
timballic
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · C1Pro 11 for Sony, Step by step guides?

DavidBM wrote:
C1 is good, no doubt.
Personally I prefer the default from Lr as a starting point (though Iíd rather use an out of C1 image as a final product in much the same way as Iíd prefer a good camera JPEG as a final image) as itís fairly understated.

I donít know what you use now, but it takes years to get so fluent with a piece of software that all the shortcuts are second nature and you never have to think. You need a really good reason to forgo that, if you have it, and start again.

Thanks David, and all of you who have answered this thread.

This is an update. I'm still limping on trying out C1 (coming from Lr, and using a late 2012 iMac 3.4 GHz i7, with 32Gb Memory)
I should add here, I have learning difficulties, being a long time CFS/ME sufferer (In US that's CFIDS), so learning new programmes is at least 5x more difficult for me, than for someone with a "normal", 62 year old brain. Also 30 day trial periods usually expire before I've had much chance to "play" with a new programme. Though I have bought the Sony ver. of C1.

As I read recently somewhere else, "Lightroom is the easiest to use, but gives the worst results"!
That's an inflammatory statement if ever there was one, but it rings fairly true in my experience. When I first moved to Lr about 5 years ago, coming from Canon's DPP Raw editor, and with a 5DII, I was both delighted at how easy I found it to use, yet depressed by how poor the results were in comparison, especially in what I can best describe as "clarity", which the "clarity" tool in Lr couldn't make up for..
DPP: Lr5 comparison viewable here: https://flic.kr/p/fFftT4

I moved because I wanted more editing ability. I'd tried DxO Optics before that but not liked anything about it. I'd found the symbols mind bogglingly non intuitive, and not liked the results nor the lag time between moving sliders and seeing the effect applied.

For me, moving on to Lr (via Michael Frye's tutorials), was like hand in glove. So as you say, David, now everything in Lr is second nature, it's a very difficult move to make, but the new Adobe rental policy really puts me off. So far I have Lr 6.14 stand alone, which will keep me going for a while, but the writing is on the wall, that at some stage I'll need to change to get new lens profiles etc, and I want to be up and running with a new RAW editor by then. (I now shoot Sony A7)

Capture One seems to be most peoples "preferred" alternative to Lr, but there are obviously other RAW editors, (that work with iMac), for example: Luminar 2018, ON1Photo RAW 2018, Affinity and probably several more. But reading reviews of these, points to their being rather "buggy", without yet having the capability of Lr or C1.

I'm not really asking for answers here, but I thought, as I'd left the thread hanging, I'd give an update on where I'm at.

Jan 17, 2018 at 03:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password