New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Natural Bridge Caverns Near San Antonio, TX

SeanHew

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Natural Bridge Caverns Near San Antonio, TX

Hi Everyone, here are a few images of a recent visit to a cavern that is nearly 200ft underground. There was very little light, so I shot at high ISOs. As such, I went for a high contrast and warm look in post to bring back the images. Please let me know how I could have edited these better. Any and all critiques are welcome! Thanks!

Jan 02, 2018 at 11:53 PM
SeanHew

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Natural Bridge Caverns Near San Antonio, TX

I could also use some posting advice on how to make the images appear smaller in the forum text, thanks!

Jan 02, 2018 at 11:54 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Natural Bridge Caverns Near San Antonio, TX

Welcome to FM and to the PC Forum.

Caves are always a tough gig with the combination of lighting challenges (i.e. low QUANTITY, and poor QUALITY).

That said, these look rather well out of the gate. It looks like you've got some headroom to raise your white point a bit. Also, some latitude to play with additional NR & USM, as well as the resize / down rez for viewing.

Here's some tweaks to one of them ... which I've rotated 180 degrees, as I just found it interesting this way.
Okay, and one the "right" way.

Your call how you want to accent the contrast in diff areas vs. open them up a bit, so you might want to explore using some selective dodge & burn (or other tool of choice) to paint in your lighting scheme.

Again, welcome to the Forum.

FM ROCKS !!!

ILCE-7RM3    FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM lens    35mm    f/2.8    1/30s    12800 ISO    -1.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM3    FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM lens    35mm    f/2.8    1/30s    12800 ISO    -1.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM3    FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM lens    16mm    f/2.8    1/60s    3200 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Jan 03, 2018 at 11:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Natural Bridge Caverns Near San Antonio, TX

This last one for me.

Jan 03, 2018 at 06:35 PM
SeanHew

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Natural Bridge Caverns Near San Antonio, TX

Thanks for the critiques! I'll make some of those changes.

I need to practice my dodging and burning. It ends up looking unnatural every time I try.

Jan 04, 2018 at 01:32 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Natural Bridge Caverns Near San Antonio, TX

SeanHew wrote:
Thanks for the critiques! I'll make some of those changes.

I need to practice my dodging and burning. It ends up looking unnatural every time I try.

That's okay ... you'll get there. Our beloved craft is a journey of perpetual improvement, if nothing else.

Jan 04, 2018 at 02:56 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password