New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

highdesertmesa
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Sometimes we find the images, and sometimes the images find us.

(Edited: Image resized to fit in browser window as per advice given.)

GFX 50S    GF63mmF2.8 R WR lens    63mm    f/5.0    1/125s    100 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Edited on Jan 15, 2018 at 02:46 AM · View previous versions

Jan 02, 2018 at 11:18 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Shades of a certain A. Adams' "Moon over Hernandez NM"!

Jan 03, 2018 at 06:59 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

GoodEgg wrote:

Yup but fascinating image. Think this the first GFX image I've seen posted on B&WV, assume you're enjoying it.

OT: An anecdote re "Moonrise..." can be found

here and further back-story from assistants.

Bob

Jan 03, 2018 at 01:32 PM
highdesertmesa
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

GoodEgg wrote:

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought of as I took the shot.

Bob Jarman wrote:
Yup but fascinating image. Think this the first GFX image I've seen posted on B&WV, assume you're enjoying it.

Bob

Yes, enjoying the GFX. The GFX images make for nice b&w conversions. I've read the story of his moonrise image before, so it was definitely in my head as I took the shot. I feel fortunate I did not have to set up a view camera and guess my exposure But I do try to set my cameras back to auto ISO and program mode every time I'm done using them so I'm ready for fleeting moments such as these.

Jan 03, 2018 at 08:50 PM
lostinjapan
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Love it! Yeah, I thought about Hernandez as well, it really has a strong similarity to it.

Thanks for sharing.

Ryan

Jan 04, 2018 at 04:43 PM
DaleBerlin
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Very nice

Jan 08, 2018 at 01:02 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Too big to see it all.

Jan 08, 2018 at 01:21 AM
bktools
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

GoodEgg wrote:

+1, great find and Ansel would have approved of your timing.

Bob

Jan 08, 2018 at 10:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ubuhle
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Beautiful image! As others mentioned, it certainly evokes the spirit of Ansel. There is something special about about a moonrise when captured this way. - BR

Jan 09, 2018 at 06:26 PM
highdesertmesa
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Jeffrey wrote:
Too big to see it all.

Click on it to see it sized to fit on screen. The forum software kinda has this backward Ė images should fit within a smaller pixel width in the post, then when you click on it, they should get larger. I'm not sure why it works the way it does.

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:38 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

highdesertmesa wrote:
Click on it to see it sized to fit on screen. The forum software kinda has this backward Ė images should fit within a smaller pixel width in the post, then when you click on it, they should get larger. I'm not sure why it works the way it does.

No, the reason this is happening is that you posted an image way too big. I don't remember the exact pixel limit as specified in the forum guidelines right now, but I think it was about a 1000 pixels wide limit.

Jan 14, 2018 at 06:08 AM
highdesertmesa
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Jeffrey wrote:
No, the reason this is happening is that you posted an image way too big. I don't remember the exact pixel limit as specified in the forum guidelines right now, but I think it was about a 1000 pixels wide limit.

No, Iíve sized my images down to 1000px wide before, but what happens is the forum software still displays them wider than 1000 pixels, which of course makes them look blurry ó and then you still have to click on the picture to see it displayed so that it looks nice. This behavior may be different for linked photos hosted on a third party site, but this is how it works using the paid-for subscription to this site that allows the uploading/hosting of photos. The forum software is sorely out of date and not up to modern specs for image handling.

But by all means, if you donít want to click on the photo and look at it fit to your window, then donít. But why keep posting about it?

Jan 14, 2018 at 09:26 PM
JohnBrew

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Bob Jarman wrote:

Bob

Bob, I assume you've been to Hernandez in modern times. Well, thank goodness Ansel got his image when he did, the place is a mess today.

And yes, I like this image very much in spite of the obvious similarities to Ansel's masterpiece. I would print it very large and frame it - heck, 90% of the people who come to my house probably don't even know who Ansel Adams was!

Jan 14, 2018 at 10:22 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

highdesertmesa wrote:
No, Iíve sized my images down to 1000px wide before, but what happens is the forum software still displays them wider than 1000 pixels, which of course makes them look blurry ó and then you still have to click on the picture to see it displayed so that it looks nice. This behavior may be different for linked photos hosted on a third party site, but this is how it works using the paid-for subscription to this site that allows the uploading/hosting of photos. The forum software is sorely out of date and not up to modern specs for image
...Show more

Interesting. I've posted thousands of images here over 15 years and never had the forum change the size of any of them, using the image upload service as well.

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:41 PM
highdesertmesa
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Moonrise, Placitas, New Mexico

Jeffrey wrote:
Interesting. I've posted thousands of images here over 15 years and never had the forum change the size of any of them, using the image upload service as well.

Hmm, perhaps I was simply doing it wrong. Iíll look at the forum guidelines and try the image size thing again.

Edit Ė resized original image to 1000 px wide, 72 dpi, and it now looks correct. Thanks for the prodding

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:37 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password