FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Venmo

DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Venmo

Any of you folks use Venmo to take payments? Every single client I have asks to use it now. I use it personally but am thinking it could be nice if I had a separate account for my business. Just wanted to get some considerations before I jumped into it.

Jan 02, 2018 at 07:50 PM
DoubleDragon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Venmo

I heard that they have a (paid) business option but using the standard (free) service for business is against their user policy.

Jan 02, 2018 at 07:54 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Venmo

I really wish the U.S. could get it's act together and make bank to bank transactions easy like other countries... The CC companies have it on lockdown.

We don't use Venmo for business because the fee is the same as a credit card and that's much easier through our studio management software. CC fees are getting ridiculous though. We paid over 9k in CC fees this year.

Jan 02, 2018 at 09:11 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Venmo

Dang. Welp, so much for that idea.

Jan 02, 2018 at 09:14 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Venmo

I smile any time someone wants to pay with cash or check.

Jan 02, 2018 at 10:47 PM
Chris Cooke
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Venmo

Tony Hoffer wrote:
I really wish the U.S. could get it's act together and make bank to bank transactions easy like other countries... The CC companies have it on lockdown.

We don't use Venmo for business because the fee is the same as a credit card and that's much easier through our studio management software. CC fees are getting ridiculous though. We paid over 9k in CC fees this year.

Try Zelle
Its a new thing with most big banks (my wife works for US Bank and got me to use it)

No fee and almost instant. pretty easy to use bank to bank transfer. I use it to pay my second shooters now. Works great

Jan 03, 2018 at 06:21 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Venmo

Zelle is slow as mole asses. I was transferred around $3k recently, and it took them almost two weeks. Ridiculous.

Jan 03, 2018 at 07:11 PM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Venmo

Tony Hoffer wrote:

It's amazing how far behind the America is on so many things. I'm pretty old now and it's kind of mind blowing to see my country go from the "best" to meh in just a couple decades.

Jan 03, 2018 at 09:03 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Venmo

Chris/Alan, Does Zelle work with business checking accounts?

Jan 03, 2018 at 11:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Venmo

ohsnaphappy wrote:
It's amazing how far behind the America is on so many things. I'm pretty old now and it's kind of mind blowing to see my country go from the "best" to meh in just a couple decades.

Take it up with the credit card lobbyists!

Jan 03, 2018 at 11:46 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Venmo

Tony Hoffer wrote:

I actually don't know. This transfer was sent to my personal account. It's the only one I've had from Zelle. I just expected a simple transfer, but emails said "Zelle", and I was like, "what the hell is that?" I think WF uses it now for internal transfers. The customer was a WF customer as well.

Jan 04, 2018 at 12:38 AM
ZachOly
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Venmo

You guys don't have bank to bank transfers? Or as we call them in Canada, "e-transfers"?

Costs ~$1 to send and free to receive. I don't accept payment any other way. Transfer time is 30min max.

Jan 04, 2018 at 12:49 AM
S-Man23
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Venmo

Chase Quick Pay uses Zelle and I think it's instant from Chase to Chase. I try to encourage people to send money with that as much as possible. It's on a business account too.

Jan 04, 2018 at 01:44 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Venmo

> I'm pretty old now and it's kind of mind blowing to see my country go from the "best" to meh in just a couple decades.

We were never really the best at anything you were just less cynical

Jan 04, 2018 at 03:51 AM
Chris Cooke
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Venmo

Tony Hoffer wrote:

yes it does.

Jan 04, 2018 at 05:33 PM
Aram H

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Venmo

I use it all the time. Love it for now until they start adding fees

Jan 04, 2018 at 08:22 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Venmo

I have had a few ask me about Venmo recently as well. I decline to take it as I am already setup for CCs and Electronic Check transfers through QuickBooks Online. I saved a fortune by turning CC payment off by default, and check transfers only cost me $.50. I get asked maybe once a year to use a credit card instead of a check transfer now, and I use to be 80-90% CC transactions.

Jan 06, 2018 at 12:17 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Venmo

Venmo is my #1 choice for wedding payment options. It's fast, easy, and free. No fees attached unless someone pays with a credit card - which none of my clients ever do. The "point" of Venmo is cash transactions. I don't know of a single person who uses it for credit cards.

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:37 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password