Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Volcanoes National Park

G-Four

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Volcanoes National Park

Spent several days in the park and got to see some great lava flows. Spent two nights at the crater and two hikes to the lava flows. I'm glad i did the hike vs Helo because there is nothing like standing by the lava and feeling the heat on your face. I went through 4 20 oz bottles of Gatorade for my 5 hours out. I took 100-400, 24-70 and tri-pod for when it got dark. About 2/3 of the of the shots were on the 24-70 but was glad i bought 100 - 400.

Comments Always appreciated

Thanks for looking

Tom

Edited on Jan 03, 2018 at 06:47 AM · View previous versions

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:03 PM
junglialoh
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Volcanoes National Park

wow so realistic image as if we are there

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:42 PM
OwlsEyes
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Volcanoes National Park

The first three images are absolutely stunning! I really like the surreal quality of images one and two.
Bravo!

bruce

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:42 AM
kwilliam8
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Volcanoes National Park

Stunning images! Thanks for posting these.
Keith W.

Dec 31, 2017 at 02:05 AM
lostinjapan
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Volcanoes National Park

Love all of them! Been there many times, and the images never get tiring! Thanks for sharing!

Ryan

Dec 31, 2017 at 03:00 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Volcanoes National Park

Amazing photos, great work.

Dec 31, 2017 at 03:24 AM
G-Four

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Volcanoes National Park

Thank you all for the comments!

Dec 31, 2017 at 05:38 PM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Volcanoes National Park

Wow--great stuff! Stay safe! 1 and 3 for me. Too bad about the people in the frame on number 2. Really like the light in the clouds on one and the overall intensity of color and contrast on number 3 are terrific.

Dec 31, 2017 at 06:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

G-Four

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Volcanoes National Park

Luvwine wrote:
Wow--great stuff! Stay safe! 1 and 3 for me. Too bad about the people in the frame on number 2. Really like the light in the clouds on one and the overall intensity of color and contrast on number 3 are terrific.

I typicality try to avoid people, but in this case i thought it help tell a story. I did a little cloning and came up with this.
Better?

Jan 01, 2018 at 03:57 AM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Volcanoes National Park

G-Four wrote:
I typicality try to avoid people, but in this case i thought it help tell a story. I did a little cloning and came up with this.
Better?

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-bR8FcKq/0/b1a9e00a/X2/i-bR8FcKq-X2.jpg

For me, yes. While the people do help tell a story and provide scale, I like the image without the people and the light (flash?) in the image, which I find distracting.

Fine work in general. Congrats!

Jan 01, 2018 at 04:16 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Volcanoes National Park

Such amazing shots and subject matter! Well done. I remember my time out there and I'll never forget it. Everyone needs to see this at least once in their life. I would suggest being guided by Tom Kualii if anyone goes.

Jan 01, 2018 at 06:34 PM
dallvr
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Volcanoes National Park

All of these are wonderful, but I especially like the second one without the people. It is otherworldly and mysterious, IMO the people detract from that mood.

Jan 01, 2018 at 07:09 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Volcanoes National Park

Nice series. I especially like the third one, the closeup. In the wider view, exactly what story might you be referring to, to think that including the people standing there help the image?

Jan 01, 2018 at 09:18 PM
G-Four

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Volcanoes National Park

Jeffrey wrote:
Nice series. I especially like the third one, the closeup. In the wider view, exactly what story might you be referring to, to think that including the people standing there help the image?

The story, people visiting the lava flow. Also adds some scale to show the size of the flow. My wife also voted no people and after creating that image i agree too.

I wish i would have had more time to capture more at this time. This was shot ISO 2000, f4, 1 sec. People all over washing the light with head lamps and flash. Twilight is definitely the best time to capture images but it is short and complicated by all the people and the fact that the lava continues to flow,

Jan 02, 2018 at 05:26 AM
Nori
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Volcanoes National Park

Beautiful captures, the second one is my favorite. Looks better with out people

Jan 03, 2018 at 02:58 AM
Don George
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Volcanoes National Park

Great set of images. Like the color and movement in the last one. Didn't mind the people but the head lamp or whatever was distracting.

Jan 03, 2018 at 05:21 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password