FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Sunset Panorama

Edward Castro
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunset Panorama

Went to Las Vegas this past weekend and took a look a trip for the first time to Valley of Fire State Park. Very nice and cool looking landscape.

Valley of Fire

X-T2    XF90mmF2 R LM WR lens    90mm    f/8.0    1/500s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Dec 29, 2017 at 07:14 PM · View previous versions

Dec 29, 2017 at 03:26 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunset Panorama

Beautiful pano! Maybe delete the watermark and post it in the caption box below the image. Those small hills are part of your foreground and the watermark obscures the depth and scale they provide of your pano. If you want it in the frame maybe move it to the left where there is no markable fg? Just a constructive comment. It is a fine pano.
Dan

Dec 29, 2017 at 01:34 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunset Panorama

I like the colors and lighting. I find panos often very difficult to fully appreciate online as they really need to be hung at a very large size to get the full impact. I might like to see a wider version (more foreground) as that may look better printed large and hung. A little more leading line of the road and a fuller view of the foreground hills.

Dec 29, 2017 at 06:08 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunset Panorama

Danpbphoto wrote:
Beautiful pano! Maybe delete the watermark and post it in the caption box below the image. Those small hills are part of your foreground and the watermark obscures the depth and scale they provide of your pano. If you want it in the frame maybe move it to the left where there is no markable fg? Just a constructive comment. It is a fine pano.
Dan

Took your suggestion and took off the water mark. Thanks for the feedback.

Dec 29, 2017 at 07:15 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunset Panorama

Brev00 wrote:
I like the colors and lighting. I find panos often very difficult to fully appreciate online as they really need to be hung at a very large size to get the full impact. I might like to see a wider version (more foreground) as that may look better printed large and hung. A little more leading line of the road and a fuller view of the foreground hills.

Yeah, I'm planning on hanging this at my work place. But the usual place I go for my pictures, mpix, only has a 5x30" panorama available as the largest size. I'd like to get it bigger than that, do you have any suggestions on a printing house for pano's?

Dec 29, 2017 at 07:16 PM
01Ryan10
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunset Panorama

www.artbeatstudios.com

They are down the street from my office, which is a bonus for me. They do stellar work, and inside their facility, they have very long/large panos displayed.

Dec 29, 2017 at 08:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunset Panorama

Edward Castro wrote:
Took your suggestion and took off the water mark. Thanks for the feedback.

Wow!! Much better to me! Those small hills lock the foreground into the image allowing the eye to see scale, depth, emotion..Really a fine pano!
Let's see more!
Dan

Dec 30, 2017 at 01:14 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sunset Panorama

Wonderful long pano image you have here, Edward.
I also sometimes have a very long, long pano image.
If you want to print and hang on the wall, I would divide this long pano into perhaps 4 pieces (in your case) and print somewhat longer vertically, then hang them side by side, occupying two walls if needed.
It will look better visually.
Cheers!

Dec 30, 2017 at 04:02 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sunset Panorama

Nice! This is definitely a comp where a long pano not only makes sense but really gives the viewer a real sense of the location. Dave

Dec 30, 2017 at 04:42 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sunset Panorama

Kee Woo Rhee wrote:
Wonderful long pano image you have here, Edward.
I also sometimes have a very long, long pano image.
If you want to print and hang on the wall, I would divide this long pano into perhaps 4 pieces (in your case) and print somewhat longer vertically, then hang them side by side, occupying two walls if needed.
It will look better visually.
Cheers!

Excellent suggestion. I wanted to print this out on metal. Being able to split it in four should give the ability to print it on metal.

Dec 30, 2017 at 05:32 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sunset Panorama

Although not the biggest fan of VOF, I think this is great. Especially clicking on the image to see it unobstructed. Nice job.

Jan 01, 2018 at 06:39 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password