Great minds think alike.

Steve

VMFA

Dec 27, 2017 at 06:46 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · VMFA

So where's that bald head guy? Did you guys meet up while you were there?

Looks like you had overcast skies and it gave you some nice soft light! Not sure how I feel about the people in front of the sculpture. I know that's your expertise, catching people in just the right spot, but I'm thinking off to the left side might have worked?

I like your mono processing on this. It has almost a glow to it and really stands out from the BG.

Dave

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:28 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · VMFA

lighthound wrote:

Looks like you had overcast skies and it gave you some nice soft light! Not sure how I feel about the people in front of the sculpture. I know that's your expertise, catching people in just the right spot, but I'm thinking off to the left side might have worked?

I like your mono processing on this. It has almost a glow to it and really stands out from the BG.

Dave

This is all your fault Dave. 😀. I figured if you and Kent could meet up, why not. My wife and I have friends who live close by Richmond, so we met them there and stayed for a couple of days. In the meantime, I contacted Jeff and we met for breakfast this morning. He brought baby Jake with him, so I also got to meet the apple of his eye.
You meet wonderful people on line here, and sometimes if you’re fortunate enough, in person too. The knowledgeable and helpful and humble professional is that and more in person.
My version of the sculpture was a quick street photography take. I was more interested in seeing the collection inside at VMFA which is SPECTACULAR.

Steve

Dec 28, 2017 at 04:58 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · VMFA

lighthound wrote:

That bald head guy met up with Steve for breakfast on a FRIGID morning! You know it's cold out when the dude from NYC is telling how how cold it feels.

---------------------------------------------

eeneryma wrote:
This is all your fault Dave. 😀. I figured if you and Kent could meet up, why not. My wife and I have friends who live close by Richmond, so we met them there and stayed for a couple of days. In the meantime, I contacted Jeff and we met for breakfast this morning. He brought baby Jake with him, so I also got to meet the apple of his eye.
You meet wonderful people on line here, and sometimes if you’re fortunate enough, in person too. The knowledgeable and helpful and humble professional is that and more in person.
...Show more

It was a total pleasure to meet you in person, Steve! Hard not to have a good time talking photography with someone as friendly, intelligent and "art-smart" as you are - you could drop the name of 25 different artists from all mediums without skipping a beat.

I agree with Dave that the sculpture has a ton of pop off the background, much more so than in my rendition that retained more detail in the blacks. I like the people being included as it offers a nice sense of scale.

Hopefully we can meet up again, Steve!

Jeff

Jan 09, 2018 at 12:40 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · VMFA

beavens wrote:
That bald head guy met up with Steve for breakfast on a FRIGID morning! You know it's cold out when the dude from NYC is telling how how cold it feels.

---------------------------------------------

It was a total pleasure to meet you in person, Steve! Hard not to have a good time talking photography with someone as friendly, intelligent and "art-smart" as you are - you could drop the name of 25 different artists from all mediums without skipping a beat.

I agree with Dave that the sculpture has a ton of pop off the background, much more so than in my rendition that retained
...Show more

It was a such a pleasure meeting you in person. Probably a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be fun for all the regulars here to have a photographic meet up someday. Just a way of saying there are so many knowledgeable and generous people here who contribute every day and by doing so express and share their love of photography.

Steve

Jan 09, 2018 at 09:53 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · VMFA

eeneryma wrote:
It was a such a pleasure meeting you in person. Probably a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be fun for all the regulars here to have a photographic meet up someday. Just a way of saying there are so many knowledgeable and generous people here who contribute every day and by doing so express and share their love of photography.

Steve

I just brought up the exact same idea in a PM.

Great minds.

Jeff

Jan 10, 2018 at 11:32 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.