FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Just got a stock update. Thought I’d pass it along:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1369441-REG/sony_ilce7rm2_b_alpha_a7r_iii_mirrorless.html

Dec 26, 2017 at 02:19 PM
11rdgr88
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Thanks for the heads up!

Still on the fence...decision.

Dec 26, 2017 at 02:54 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Do it

Dec 26, 2017 at 03:47 PM
pasblues
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Beat me to it. That was a speedy re-stock.

Dec 26, 2017 at 05:41 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Now that the pre-orders have been filled and the first wave of buyers already bought theirs, it is time for Sony to lower the price.... to attract the second wave of buyers. Just kidding, just kidding

Dec 26, 2017 at 06:20 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

AGeoJO wrote:
Now that the pre-orders have been filled and the first wave of buyers already bought theirs, it is time for Sony to lower the price.... to attract the second wave of buyers. Just kidding, just kidding

that is possible. How many time we get burned with Sony product? The value lost faster than any other brand.

Also, keep in mind, if you're using educational discount, the price is very very nice.

* Adorama also has it in stock now*

Dec 26, 2017 at 06:39 PM
iplayazi
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Manufacturers restriction won’t let Canadians purchase it.

I’ll take my colored money elsewhere 🤪

Dec 26, 2017 at 07:03 PM
mrcyc8

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Bubble wrote:
Also, keep in mind, if you're using educational discount, the price is very very nice.

Discovering this a few weeks ago made SUCH A DIFFERENCE! I had been working on deciding what lenses to buy with an A7Riii for a long time without knowing I could get an EDU discount. Stumbled upon it on BH one day and realized I'm eligible and can save ~$800 total because of it. Makes the price difference between the mark 2 and 3 much more palpable.

Dec 26, 2017 at 08:14 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

@mrcyc8: noticed all the brand new a7r3 in FS forum for sale last week or so, most likely from educational discount. Quick flip for easy $300 profit.

Dec 26, 2017 at 08:34 PM
mrcyc8

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Bubble wrote:
@mrcyc8@: noticed all the brand new a7r3 in FS forum for sale last week or so, most likely from educational discount. Quick flip for easy $300 profit.

Never even thought about that. Not the most honest approach, but when given an opportunity why not...

Dec 26, 2017 at 08:40 PM
matsmithphotography
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

I'm still in the air trying to decide whether I want to get a used a7rii or a new a7riii with the student discount... It's a $1000 difference when you look at it that way... is it really worth it?

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

A few weeks ago, Sony had a sale where if you sent them your A7R they would give you a $500 discount on an A7Riii. I hesitated and missed the sale. I'll get rid of my A7R when I get the iii anyway.

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:57 PM
JD5150
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

matsmithphotography wrote:
I'm still in the air trying to decide whether I want to get a used a7rii or a new a7riii with the student discount... It's a $1000 difference when you look at it that way... is it really worth it?

Same here.

-JD

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:08 PM
11rdgr88
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

GMPhotography wrote:
Do it

Have to sell my rii.

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:42 PM
tylerdurden801
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Got the heads up on a shipment date from Amazon 11 days after order, also put my name on the list at the LCS some time ago and they said I can pick it up now. Amazon email was about 20 minutes before the call from the LCS. Amazon won't have it to me until the end of next week, so that's a strike against them. OTOH, after the CC reward it'll be about $130 cheaper on Amazon. Wife says eff it and support local business. I think she's correct. Either way, I'll have one by next week.

Dec 27, 2017 at 01:28 AM
lukeiam
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

I'm sorry - can someone explain the ed discount to me? I'm an educator at a College. $800 is nothing to scoff at! Especially for some so squarely on the fence

Dec 27, 2017 at 08:24 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

Need to apply for it

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/Payments.jsp#studentDiscounts

Dec 27, 2017 at 08:39 AM
lukeiam
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

GMPhotography wrote:
Need to apply for it

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/Payments.jsp#studentDiscounts

Thank you, Guy! I just found it. Could you advise: what's the discount on the A7R3 with this? I saw $300 and $800 mentioned above. Finally I might have an incentive for my low-paying College job

Also curious how stringent they are with "relevant fields" as photo/video is more ancillary to mine

Dec 27, 2017 at 08:43 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

I’m not sure of the discounts. Actually first I heard of it. I would call customer support and see what is necessary. I would also check Adorama as I’m sure they may have a educational discount. I have used Apple myself to buy some computers. Used my Son who is in college and he had to show his student ID when in person but not online. I also have a business discount with Apple typically 3 percent depending on product.

Dec 27, 2017 at 08:51 AM
MikeEvangelist
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sony A7R III in stock at B&H

For those who might be interested, it seems B&H also got some more 24-105mm lenses to fill orders. I ordered last week (20th), and it shipped yesterday*.

*I'm very happy about this, since the one I've been using is a loaner from Sony Pro Support, and I have to return it in a few days. I've grown very attached to it, and didn't want to let it go.

Dec 27, 2017 at 08:58 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.