New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Anni

VilleK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anni

Hi! We were supposed to do some winter shots with Anni, but the day of the shoot it started to rain so we were forced to shoot in her home. It turned out that it was a pretty good location to shoot because of the large window in her living room

So it's all natural light here. This is shot in Finland, somewhere around 2 pm to 3 pm so the amount of light was pretty low. The exposure is around iso1600 to iso3200, 1/100-1/50 and f/1.4 to f/2.

#5 Anni with her dog Bella. Bella is a really happy rescue dog

Gear used: D750 + Sigma 50 mm f/1.4 ART

Comments are appreciated!

Merry Christmas!

Dec 24, 2017 at 04:17 PM
KristinSmall
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anni

Those are really pretty! Great job on getting good indoor natural light and what seems to be nice focus (which can be such a challenge in a situation like that.) Nice setting and color, too (I love the whiteness.) NOTE: I see a bit of hot spots on her forhead and cheeks in these. It may be intentional but, if not, easy fixes.

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:57 PM
story_teller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anni

Great captures and her expressions are relaxed and real. The only word of caution is to make sure the brighter lights in the background don't compete with her face for the viewer's attention. Try toning the real bright ones down a bit to see if it places more emphasis on her face.

Other than that nit, great composition, lighting and posing!

Dec 25, 2017 at 08:23 AM
brick33308
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anni

I like them all, even including the bright specular highlights. she looks like a Disney ice princess!

Dec 25, 2017 at 09:58 AM
gschlact
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anni

Nice photos.
Except, with the exception of 3 and 5, you missed focus! (He face is not the sharpest part of the photo. I am not sure of this is due to improper foal point placement, focus recompose, or need for mfa, or lens inconsistency. Narrow dof is tricky.

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:46 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anni

Anni is beautiful, and these samples from your set are beautiful. I can forgive any apparent defects under the lighting conditions I'm sure the snow session would have been wonderful, but Serendipity handed you a gift.

Dec 25, 2017 at 01:02 PM
Big Appa
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anni

This I like them all, even including the bright specular highlights. she looks like a Disney ice princess!

And This Anni is beautiful, and these samples from your set are beautiful. I can forgive any apparent defects under the lighting conditions I'm sure the snow session would have been wonderful, but Serendipity handed you a gift.

Lovely.

Ed

Dec 25, 2017 at 02:10 PM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anni

KristinSmall wrote:
Those are really pretty! Great job on getting good indoor natural light and what seems to be nice focus (which can be such a challenge in a situation like that.) Nice setting and color, too (I love the whiteness.) NOTE: I see a bit of hot spots on her forhead and cheeks in these. It may be intentional but, if not, easy fixes.

Thank you for your comment The exposure of her skin is intentional. I wanted to have really bright feeling and the skin highlights are so small that their brightness didn't bother me that much

story_teller wrote:
Great captures and her expressions are relaxed and real. The only word of caution is to make sure the brighter lights in the background don't compete with her face for the viewer's attention. Try toning the real bright ones down a bit to see if it places more emphasis on her face.

Other than that nit, great composition, lighting and posing!

Thanks for the comment! I especially try to have my models as comfortable as possible and it's nice to see that you liked that The background comment is valid. The photos are already pushed to social media platforms, but I'll keep this in mind in the future! Thank you!

brick33308 wrote:
I like them all, even including the bright specular highlights. she looks like a Disney ice princess!

Thanks a lot I hope we can do the forest/shoot shoot with more Disney ice princess mood

gschlact wrote:
Nice photos.
Except, with the exception of 3 and 5, you missed focus! (He face is not the sharpest part of the photo. I am not sure of this is due to improper foal point placement, focus recompose, or need for mfa, or lens inconsistency. Narrow dof is tricky.

Thank you for the comment. In photo #3 the focus is in her left eye and the eyelashes are as sharp I can get with high iso (~1600). I'm also quite sure that the 5th photo is correctly focused. There might be a slight movement in the photo because of the slow shutter speed (1/50 s). Also the iso is again quite high (~3200).

GoodEgg wrote:
Anni is beautiful, and these samples from your set are beautiful. I can forgive any apparent defects under the lighting conditions I'm sure the snow session would have been wonderful, but Serendipity handed you a gift.

Thank you very much

Big Appa wrote:
This

And This

Lovely.

Ed

Thank you Ed!

Dec 26, 2017 at 07:23 AM
DianeinCR
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anni

Simply gorgeous set! Gorgeous color palette and cozy, relaxed feel. I aim for what you have accomplished.

Diane

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:16 PM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anni

Beautiful shots! Really love the white theme. Her hair and sweater really coordinate. Great compositions in all. Super job with the tree in the background. Wow your model did a great job matching the lipstick with the earrings.

My only nit is the softness in her eyes in several of the shots. Her eyes seem a bit too soft in all except image 3 where she is looking down.

You managed to get some great facial expressions from your model.
Great job!

Thanks for posting.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:39 AM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anni

DianeinCR wrote:
Simply gorgeous set! Gorgeous color palette and cozy, relaxed feel. I aim for what you have accomplished.

Diane

Thank you very much

film_4ever wrote:
Beautiful shots! Really love the white theme. Her hair and sweater really coordinate. Great compositions in all. Super job with the tree in the background. Wow your model did a great job matching the lipstick with the earrings.

My only nit is the softness in her eyes in several of the shots. Her eyes seem a bit too soft in all except image 3 where she is looking down.

You managed to get some great facial expressions from your model.
Great job!

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the comment! The matching color with the lips and the earrings was actually done in photoshop The softness probably results in slow shutter speed and the high iso i was forced to use.

I'm glad you like the model's expressions since that is the #1 thing for me in portraits

Dec 29, 2017 at 04:31 PM
Mar73
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anni

Stunning.

Dec 29, 2017 at 05:18 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Anni

A beautiful set with a stunning model shown off very well with your excellent photographic skills. One thing that stands out for me is your posing of the young woman. Particularly in #2. I think it was an excellent idea to give her hands something to hold. I think this is a very important trick in portraiture as hands just placed on the face or hair can seem awkward and artificial to me. In #2, the pose seems very natural and the bokeh almost seems to be rising from the cup. Terrific composition. I also like your choice to keep her on the right in the first three and using a nice long vertical crop to echo her hair. long neck, and thin physique. Her position in the first three also gives a nice amount of space to keep the tree more as part of the negative space. It seems to intrude more in the final two where she is positioned more in the way of the tree. #4 is my least liked of the set. I am not crazy about her glance to the right out of the scene, her cropped hands, and the tight smile. I think a similar glance looks better in the last with her positioned more to the left of the shot. I have mixed feelings about her choice of earring. Too matchy matchy and slips out of the dof in 2 and 3. I like how it is obscured by her hair in 4. A small sapphire might have been just enough--working with her eyes and the white of the scene rather than her lips.

Dec 30, 2017 at 06:06 PM
pasblues
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Anni

Is it just too much hyperbole to suggest that model may be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen? There's a lot of beauties in the world of many colors, though, but, seriously, she's just stunning.

Jan 07, 2018 at 03:02 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Anni

Very nice photos. Contrary to someone else about lack of sharpness I believe the softness features are more alluring and feminine (why focus to show all a model's skin pores, acnes and other features?) The high key theme is also appropriate and her makeup is quite professional. Well done.

Jan 08, 2018 at 04:54 PM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Anni

Mar73 wrote:
Stunning.

Thank you!

Brev00 wrote:
A beautiful set with a stunning model shown off very well with your excellent photographic skills. One thing that stands out for me is your posing of the young woman. Particularly in #2. I think it was an excellent idea to give her hands something to hold. I think this is a very important trick in portraiture as hands just placed on the face or hair can seem awkward and artificial to me. In #2, the pose seems very natural and the bokeh almost seems to be rising from the cup. Terrific composition. I also like your choice to keep
...Show more

Thank you for your thoughts! The afkward hands near the face feel often out of place, but I still sometimes try to experient with them. I will keep the remarks about the composition in my mind when I shoot next time. The color of the earring is actually altered in Photoshop to match the color of her lips Thanks again!

pasblues wrote:
Is it just too much hyperbole to suggest that model may be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen? There's a lot of beauties in the world of many colors, though, but, seriously, she's just stunning.

Thanks for the reply! Anni is indeed very beautiful

dalite wrote:
Very nice photos. Contrary to someone else about lack of sharpness I believe the softness features are more alluring and feminine (why focus to show all a model's skin pores, acnes and other features?) The high key theme is also appropriate and her makeup is quite professional. Well done.

Thanks! I also like the soft overall feel of of the photos She did her makeup by herself, so kudos to her

Jan 09, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Disaster
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Anni

Fantastic series. Love the icy whiteness. Lighting looks great. Love the tree as a backlight. Does look like there is some softness in some them...perhaps it is a bit of motion blur as suggested.

Jan 16, 2018 at 01:16 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.