New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · LA Fashion

DuelingLenses
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LA Fashion

I had the pleasure to shoot backstage of the Metropolitan Fashions Week near Los Angeles a couple of months ago. Here's a few from that crazy and fun night. So many amazing designs, I'll try to keep it to 6.

Shot with: 5D3 with 70-200ii and 24-70ii

Dec 19, 2017 at 12:31 AM
KCook0
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LA Fashion

Wow! So, does a shoot backstage mean you get to set the lights? Or how does that work?

Kelly

Dec 19, 2017 at 12:58 AM
gempixel
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LA Fashion

Very colorful and unique set of images! Love the third one!

Dec 19, 2017 at 01:01 AM
DuelingLenses
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LA Fashion

KCook0 wrote:
Wow! So, does a shoot backstage mean you get to set the lights? Or how does that work?

Kelly

Yes. I used 2 of my Profoto D1s. Simple set up because the models were moving through very quickly before runway. No time to get creative with moving lighting around.. 5' Octa in front and 2'x3' as rim light on camera left.

Dec 19, 2017 at 01:07 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LA Fashion

Out of the ballpark, you knocked it. All great, but my favorite is Medusa with her four arms and a little asp showing. Very interesting and wonderful lighting.

Dec 19, 2017 at 02:24 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LA Fashion

Beautiful images! What a wonderful opportunity you had. Great composition, posing and lighting in all.

Did you have multiple back-drops with you or did you change them in post? Very nice job if you did them in post. Very complimentary to the subjects and overall color scheme.

Thanks for posting.

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:38 AM
DuelingLenses
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LA Fashion

film_4ever wrote:
Beautiful images! What a wonderful opportunity you had. Great composition, posing and lighting in all.

Did you have multiple back-drops with you or did you change them in post? Very nice job if you did them in post. Very complimentary to the subjects and overall color scheme.

Thanks for posting.

I shot on a dark grey back drop then changed them accordingly in post. Thank you!

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:03 PM
leethecam
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · LA Fashion

Darn perfect, all of them. (2nd is my fav).

With your background replacement, I've been experimenting with a few methods, (the duplicating a channel to create a mask method, and using the background eraser tool method), but unless I need to refine my skills I still find a few issues with both techniques.

What method did you use to get such a great result?

(I must admit that I've been doing it on shots with difficult hair and f4 on full frame @80mm so some of the hair is thrown out of focus - which may be making life tricky...)

Dec 20, 2017 at 03:21 AM
rafuly
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · LA Fashion

Very impressive and colorful, soft lighting, excellent work.

Rafi.

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:31 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · LA Fashion

These are great! On the 5th one with the yellow background, her hands seem exceptionally long as if the image was stretched. Just something that caught my eye right away.

Dec 20, 2017 at 01:57 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · LA Fashion

Yeah those are awesome. How do I get backstage access to that event?

Fabulous. You have my vote.

Dec 21, 2017 at 03:56 AM
unholycow

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · LA Fashion

Image 3 is great. Love the color. The design of the costume in the first photo is quite interesting as well.

Dec 21, 2017 at 09:16 AM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · LA Fashion

fantastic set given the hectic pace backstage! ;')

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · LA Fashion

wild fashion !

Dec 22, 2017 at 09:33 AM
DuelingLenses
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · LA Fashion

NCAndy wrote:
These are great! On the 5th one with the yellow background, her hands seem exceptionally long as if the image was stretched. Just something that caught my eye right away.

I agree. I honestly think it's more of the angle than lens distortion though. Maybe a combination.

Dec 22, 2017 at 11:06 PM
cnelsphoto

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · LA Fashion

No criticisms from. Just here to say that those are incredible, and I like all of them!

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:20 PM
my1eye

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · LA Fashion

Absolutely incredible images, and beautiful creations.
All the skin is amazing too, did you spend much time in post on these (great job replacing the backgrounds too)?

Jan 06, 2018 at 09:04 PM
JosephSlater00

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · LA Fashion

I always used to go to Metropolitan Fashions Week every year and it was so sad this because there was not, i really miss it actually it was so nice and also helpful for me to check out new fashion designs because it helps me in my work as a fashion designer, i used to design dresses, i also used to sell many dresses and shoes designs to big fashion company such as Zara, Gucci, Prada and recently i signed a contract with big fashion company here in US and i’ll design exclusive for them, the company i work with now is lilylulufashion, recently i have been working on designing puffer jackets for winter 2021 which you can check here: https://www.lilylulufashion.com/puffer-jackets/ , i have my own online store pm me if you’re interested to check out my jackets and clothes.

Edited on Sep 02, 2020 at 07:36 AM · View previous versions

Sep 01, 2020 at 05:20 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · LA Fashion

Brett, these are superb images! I have not seen any of these. They must have been taken with a different system that ours now?

Joshua

Sep 01, 2020 at 06:52 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · LA Fashion

lovely images Brett.. i enjoyed them all

Sep 03, 2020 at 06:51 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.