New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

EM-1 Mk II Settings for bird photography

birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · EM-1 Mk II Settings for bird photography

Fantastic info in that link . Thanks for sharing.

Birdie

Jan 12, 2018 at 02:56 AM
swanny66
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · EM-1 Mk II Settings for bird photography

NorthMac wrote:
I just came across the work of this wildlife photographer, Petr Bambousek. Adding to this thread because he has recently switched to the Oly gear from Canon, and he does not appear to be one of the Olympus visionaries / ambassadors etc. so is likely more gear-agnostic. Beyond the fact that his photography is remarkably good (and he won a major award a few years ago), what was of interest to me was how he describes adapting to the Olympus EM1 MkII system, in particular in his blog article "Olympus for wildlife". Petr shoots very little above ISO 800, even
...Show more

Great link with not only some quick hints to get more out of the system.....but an independent opinion on the capabilities of the system. One day people will get over the FF thing once they understand what their output is. Do you make huge prints? Than FF is probably for you. If not then Oly is a very viable and possibly preferred option.

Jan 13, 2018 at 05:01 AM
scott f
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · EM-1 Mk II Settings for bird photography

NorthMac wrote:
I just came across the work of this wildlife photographer, Petr Bambousek. Adding to this thread because he has recently switched to the Oly gear from Canon, and he does not appear to be one of the Olympus visionaries / ambassadors etc. so is likely more gear-agnostic. Beyond the fact that his photography is remarkably good (and he won a major award a few years ago), what was of interest to me was how he describes adapting to the Olympus EM1 MkII system, in particular in his blog article "Olympus for wildlife". Petr shoots very little above ISO 800, even
...Show more

Thank you for the link. A couple of helpful articles, especially the one about five settings where intuition is not enough. I didn't think the flash could be used in silent mode.
That's the problem with a sophisticated camera; you figure out a mode that works for you, and then you stop exploring, so you miss things. Good that there are people still digging into those menus.

Jan 16, 2018 at 01:39 AM
NorthMac

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · EM-1 Mk II Settings for bird photography

scott f wrote:
Thank you for the link. A couple of helpful articles, especially the one about five settings where intuition is not enough. I didn't think the flash could be used in silent mode.
That's the problem with a sophisticated camera; you figure out a mode that works for you, and then you stop exploring, so you miss things. Good that there are people still digging into those menus.

With me, its not so much that I stop exploring the settings, its just that I am worried I will upset the apple cart by changing something that in turn impacts something else that I depend on. I finger the Olympus Mysets like worry beads...

Jan 17, 2018 at 02:15 AM
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password