Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Rumored X-H1 bring a price drop to X-T2?

rdeloe
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Rumored X-H1 bring a price drop to X-T2?

Fred, what I was talking about was zooming in BEFORE the exposure, not AFTER.

I caused some confusion here by referring to the JPEG preview. I'm not a software engineer so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, "Live View" is actually a live generated JPEG-type preview. That's why the histogram is so problematic: it's a histogram of that live, generated JPEG rather than a RAW histogram. As I understand it, we're only getting a 6x zoom ability on the X-T2 because that's the maximum magnification based on the actual size of the live generated preview.

Fixing this problem/feature may not be possible in a firmware update. I honestly don't know. I don't hear many people complaining about it, so I doubt it's high on the list of things they're working on. It's a real issue for me because I rely on the live preview when I'm using tilt adapters.

Interestingly, there is one area where the Fuji had my Sony A7R beat hand's down. With the Sony, I had to move the magnified area up to the top, check the focus, and then move it down to the buttom the long way, then back up... The top and bottom of the preview were hard boundaries. On the Fuji, the top and bottom edges allow you to "teleport" (as it were). I can be at the very top, and then with one joystick click jump down to the very bottom, and back again. So much better!

Fred G. Unn wrote:
Perhaps you are already aware of this, but if you shoot FINE+RAW then the X-T2 will use the high quality JPEG when you zoom in, not the crummy RAW preview. If you have it set up so RAW and JPEG are on different SD cards though, you have to switch cards to access the JPEGs which can be annoying. If the RAW and JPEG are on the same card, the high quality JPEG will automatically be used when you press the scroll wheel to zoom in and it is a much higher magnification and resolution. I'm not sure
...Show more

Jan 03, 2018 at 08:12 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password