Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Nikkor lens drawings on line?

utahdude

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikkor lens drawings on line?

What I'm looking for is an on line resource for Nikkor lens designs across the various time periods they were made. Maybe schematic drawings of them? Basically what I'm wanting to know is, for example, when were changes made to the 28mm 2.8? Is the Ai/AiS/AF D all the same design? I know some changed over the years, Some didn't. I'd like to find a chart that shows when changes took place. I've found a lot of information on lenses, but nothing quite like I'm attempting to describe. Thanks for any tips.

Dec 14, 2017 at 09:49 PM
jpelt78
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikkor lens drawings on line?

It is hard to find that kind of information.

The 28 AI is one design. The 28 AI-S is a better design and it also has the CRC (close range correction). The Series E 28 f2.8 is a simpler, cheaper design. The original 28 f2.8 AF and AF-N are both the same optical design as the Series E lens. The 28 f2.8 AF-D has a design that adds 1 element over the older AF lenses.

The 28 f2.8 AI-S is probably the best lens of that group. The later produced version of this lens will also have the better Super integrated coating.

This site is a good place to get a general overview and determine by serial number what lens you are looking at:

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html

Dec 15, 2017 at 08:07 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikkor lens drawings on line?

This site (below) is getting old, and there's been so much gear put out in the last ten years. But, like everything, you start reading in one place and it will take you somewhere else as you educate yourself.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_surv.html

Dec 15, 2017 at 09:13 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.