Dec 14, 2017 at 09:50 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First Snow

morris wrote:
Nice, I wish the woman in the foreground were in focus Steve

Morris

Always appreciate your take Morris. True she's not in focus, but there's a mood and feeling that I liked about the image. Sometimes, street photographers are more lenient about less than sharp focus. Curious what others think...

Steve

Dec 15, 2017 at 09:30 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First Snow

I always enjoy your images Steve. Yes i agree with Morris BUT "there is something to be said" about images that have a technical flaw yet capture a moment. I tend to overlook that so called flaw despite the fact....doesn't mean it is a "bad" photo..Not that Morris is implying that at all.
Dan

Dec 15, 2017 at 09:44 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First Snow

When it comes to photographers, most of us have some difficulty overlooking any technical flaws. Typically the general public could care less. Beyond that I am again scratching my head and have no clue. For your previous Grand Canyon image, you did a great job of explaining what interested you and the message(s) of the image. Would you do the same for this one? I am really trying to understand. I do get that street photography typically is very tolerant of extraneous elements and technical flaws.

Let me see if I can take some guesses. Although the title is about snow, that seems unimpressive. The two pedestrians don't seem to be major centers of interest so having one out of focus makes little difference. I think their umbrellas just add to the message that it is snowing lightly. I am thinking the message of the image must have something to do with the big white hand on the traffic signal. It is bright, catches attention and appears to be in focus. Maybe the message is Stop the snow, we don't want winter to come.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:44 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First Snow

Camperjim wrote:
When it comes to photographers, most of us have some difficulty overlooking any technical flaws. Typically the general public could care less. Beyond that I am again scratching my head and have no clue. For your previous Grand Canyon image, you did a great job of explaining what interested you and the message(s) of the image. Would you do the same for this one? I am really trying to understand. I do get that street photography typically is very tolerant of extraneous elements and technical flaws.

Let me see if I can take some guesses. Although the title is about snow,
...Show more

Hey Jim, and appreciate your comments. In this case, it's a "mood" piece, with the ladies holding umbrellas and protectively dressed in their winter outfits, the bare tree in the background, to the right the "Christmas" tree, the walk sign hand serving as a wintery weather warning to all, the black wrought iron gates somewhat ominous...all of this setting the mood.

Steve

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:01 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · First Snow

That makes sense. Thanks.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM
KCook0
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · First Snow

I certainly don't require SP focus to be tack sharp (thank you Sam Kanter ). But this is just too much out of focus.

stillsquinting

Dec 17, 2017 at 02:07 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · First Snow

I happen to like that the foremost person is oof. It lends a sense of motion to the photo Steve.
Douglas

Dec 17, 2017 at 07:25 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · First Snow

douter wrote:
I happen to like that the foremost person is oof. It lends a sense of motion to the photo Steve.
Douglas

Hey Douglas, that's what I felt too.

Steve

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.