Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Down here on earth

OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Down here on earth

I admire the remarkable expertise I see in this forum. I shoot and report high school sports for a small (very small) town newspaper. Best paying job I’ve ever had. These pix are, of course, nothing compared to the masters here, but might offer a view we’ve forgotten.

In our passion to cover the sport at its highest level, we sometimes lose sight of the fact that football - at its purest - is down in the school yard. This battered former mining town has many students of Mexicano descent - some of the families have been here since before the Gadsen Purchase. We also have Anglo, Filipino, and Black kids. It’s not the face - it’s the feet.

Cloudy. Hoping for rain. Lunch time pickup.

Needs a shoe contract

Right mesquite goal post

No harm, no foul

Playing under the wieght of the past

Dec 14, 2017 at 06:54 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Down here on earth

i can see the enthusiasm on their faces; which are a prerequisite for great action shots! .. :')

Dec 14, 2017 at 09:02 PM
cocodrillo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Down here on earth

They're smiling as they play! Just think how seldom that's seen in the 'big dance' (or even 'medium' one).

Dec 14, 2017 at 09:36 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Down here on earth

You see jub shots by the big guys (girls), not much pure joy. "Match" lasted 10 minutes. Didn't catch on film, a girl who was small but very quick. She stole the ball from one of the arrogant types. He shoved her. She stumbled, kept going, then nailed him with the best elbow to the gut I've ever seen. He went oof, she scored. Gawd, I love fearless women!

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:58 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.