New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · Hotel Bellasera

lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hotel Bellasera

I'm still working on creating that brush stroke feel. This is the closest yet to doing so. I did cheat a little and did some hand-cleaning, but I usually have to anyway. Hope you all like it. Just click on the image to see the details.

Hotel Bellasera

Nov 19, 2004 at 01:25 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hotel Bellasera

Gosh, this forum is pretty dead.... This one is worthy of some comments!

That works very well Lyle. I definitely think this is your best effort yet. Share some details?

Arka C.

Nov 22, 2004 at 02:52 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hotel Bellasera

Thanks for the comments Arka. Yes, it is getting quite slow here, but some of the recent posts, especially from onsouthpond, have been quite cool. Anyway, I pretty much outlined my procedure here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/142039

Since this is a watercolor, I skipped the map step. I did add a step requiring the use the the Toadies filters: http://www.torget.se/users/g/grafoman/filter/toadies_2.zip

I started using the Toadies filters when I did this post: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/148171

I particularly like using Picasso's Last Word and Metalwork filters as layered overlays; gives that paint stroke feel.

Again, I can't give a step by step since I get quite flexible with my rendering, depending upon the photo that I choose to use.

Nov 22, 2004 at 08:00 AM
grosema
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hotel Bellasera

Very nice Lyle I was thinking about doing somthing like that then printing it out around 20x30 framed and hanging it behind the table. I think I might just do that. If I ever get around to it??
Yes this fourm is the slowest around But that Buy & Sell fourm is on a new page every 30 min. and it is my homepage as well

Nov 22, 2004 at 11:41 AM
rbuss
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hotel Bellasera

I like it.

Nov 23, 2004 at 09:15 PM
subsen
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hotel Bellasera

Manet !! Magnificent !

Nov 25, 2004 at 11:09 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hotel Bellasera

I never have heard of Manet (Monet yes). I have to agree with you (after doing some research) that this rendering sort of leans to Manet's style of impressionism. I haven't got is brush stroke (or any for that matter) down, but I'm still working on it. Thanks for telling me about Manet.

Nov 25, 2004 at 11:19 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.