New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

Lang_poi

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

Hello everyone, I have some serious trouble here. Just bought a camera from Australia, and shipping to US with Aus post international express(EMS). The tracking stuck on "Processed through facility" on 9th Dec. This supposes been delivered by today, but nothing came today. I am wonder is this being held by US custom(On custom declaration says 3700aud and send to friend)? Or just some delay during the too much package come in and out at this time. This is a Xpan II!!!!! I am really nervous now. Is anybody had some situation with me? How is will normally going? Please help me!

Dec 14, 2017 at 02:29 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

It's possible that US Customs is looking for a FCC electronic emissions certificate, which is required to ship a digital camera into the US. IOW, if you can find any way to get in touch with them, stress that it's "an old film camera".

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:48 AM
Fred G. Unn

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but have you tried entering the tracking into USPS? If so what is the result there? EMS doesn't always update the status when the package has been handed off to USPS until after the delivery has been made.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:06 PM
Lang_poi

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

Thanks for your info, I will try to call CBP and find out

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Lang_poi

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

Fred G. Unn wrote:
Perhaps this is a dumb question, but have you tried entering the tracking into USPS? If so what is the result there? EMS doesn't always update the status when the package has been handed off to USPS until after the delivery has been made.

I did check USPS tracking it shows the same thing

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:24 PM
genji
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

jcolwell wrote:
It's possible that US Customs is looking for a FCC electronic emissions certificate, which is required to ship a digital camera into the US. IOW, if you can find any way to get in touch with them, stress that it's "an old film camera".

John, I'm thinking of sending an A7RII body to the US for a Kolari modification. Now I'm wondering how one gets a FCC electronic emissions certificate?

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:04 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

jcolwell wrote:

genji wrote:
John, I'm thinking of sending an A7RII body to the US for a Kolari modification. Now I'm wondering how one gets a FCC electronic emissions certificate?

I've done it two or three times, when sending by FedEx, and they provide the information about what's required. I don't remember if they provided the actual forms, or I downloaded them online. You do need to find some FCC codes for entry on the form, and I'm pretty sure I found that online, too. I'll check later, to see if I have anything more helpful.

Cheers,
Jim

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:05 AM
genji
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

jcolwell wrote:
I've done it two or three times, when sending by FedEx, and they provide the information about what's required. I don't remember if they provided the actual forms, or I downloaded them online. You do need to find some FCC codes for entry on the form, and I'm pretty sure I found that online, too. I'll check later, to see if I have anything more helpful.

Cheers,
Jim

Many thanks, John. The FedEx tip is helpful and any further information would also be appreciated.

Dec 15, 2017 at 02:40 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

genji wrote:
Many thanks, John. The FedEx tip is helpful and any further information would also be appreciated.

I would ask Kolari. I think you only need the form if the item is staying in US. If it's being sent in for "repair", the assumption is that it will be returned to the country of origin.

Dec 15, 2017 at 01:38 PM
Oldwino
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

Where is the US port of entry? If it’s NY, it always takes forever to clear customs. I’ve bought Camera from Europe and it always seems to take 7-10 days to clear. I honk they’re just swamped in packages. Or inefficient.
If the port of entry is on the west coast...that usually goes very quickly. Both SF and LA seem to have a 24 hour clearance time.

Lang_poi wrote:
Hello everyone, I have some serious trouble here. Just bought a camera from Australia, and shipping to US with Aus post international express(EMS). The tracking stuck on "Processed through facility" on 9th Dec. This supposes been delivered by today, but nothing came today. I am wonder is this being held by US custom(On custom declaration says 3700aud and send to friend)? Or just some delay during the too much package come in and out at this time. This is a Xpan II!!!!! I am really nervous now. Is anybody had some situation with me? How is will normally going? Please
...Show more

Dec 15, 2017 at 03:23 PM
RnRau

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

Its xmas... possibly the worst time to send packages

Dec 15, 2017 at 07:13 PM
Lang_poi

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

entry from LA. Now shows "Processed Through Facility ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)" if I am understand right, that's mean already been released from custom?
Oldwino wrote:
Where is the US port of entry? If it’s NY, it always takes forever to clear customs. I’ve bought Camera from Europe and it always seems to take 7-10 days to clear. I honk they’re just swamped in packages. Or inefficient.
If the port of entry is on the west coast...that usually goes very quickly. Both SF and LA seem to have a 24 hour clearance time.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:38 PM
Lang_poi

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Question about shipping camera from Australia to US

RnRau wrote:
Its xmas... possibly the worst time to send packages

so damn right.....

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.