FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Baxter State Park

sum1sgrampa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Baxter State Park

This is a gorgeous spot north of Millinocket Maine. I visited about 5 years ago and this is another spot I really want to get back to. I fear there's too many places and too little time
All taken at Sandy Stream Pond

Dec 13, 2017 at 06:10 PM
BeeBalm
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Baxter State Park

Beautiful set

BB

Dec 13, 2017 at 06:25 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Baxter State Park

Super work Grandpa. Each is composed very well. You might want to check the white balance of 2, 6 and 7

Morris

Dec 13, 2017 at 06:49 PM
Jim8EL
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Baxter State Park

Howdy neighbor (I'm in Rochester). Great set. Love the Moose shots in the fog and the one with the calf. Really nice job.

~Jim

Dec 13, 2017 at 07:53 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Baxter State Park

Just mention Maine and I feel more relaxed Wow what mesmerizing scenery, the wildlife looks so very natural here................as it should Thanks for sharing the location, stunning!

Karl

Dec 13, 2017 at 08:33 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Baxter State Park

This is a very enjoyable set ~ Ron

Dec 13, 2017 at 09:57 PM
twoflower
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Baxter State Park

Wonderful photographs. Love the composition and the serene imagery you've captured.
You might want to reduce the saturation and tweak the white balance a bit in the second and sixth image.

Dec 14, 2017 at 04:43 AM
wonderer
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Baxter State Park

Nice set grampa! The moose are magnificent and the dark skies add to the drama in my opinion.

Thanks for posting.

--Kim

Dec 14, 2017 at 07:06 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Baxter State Park

sum1sgrampa wrote:
This is a gorgeous spot north of Millinocket Maine. I visited about 5 years ago and this is another spot I really want to get back to. I fear there's too many places and too little time
All taken at Sandy Stream Pond

Wonderful set and brought back great memories of being on the AT and my first moose sighting ever about 3 miles south of BSP. Thanks!

Dec 14, 2017 at 07:13 AM
sum1sgrampa
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Baxter State Park

Thanks all for taking a look and the nice compliments. I'd agree the white balance seems a little wonky on some of them but I'm a diehard jpeg shooter so most times what I get is pretty much what I end up with. Add to that the fact that I have a color blindness issue so I'm reluctant to mess around too much. I do appreciate the input

Dec 14, 2017 at 04:19 PM
JohnJos
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Baxter State Park

Very very nice. It reminds me of my visit there many years ago (nearly 30). We climbed Katadin but the Knife Edge was closed due to the snow still on the ridgeline. We also went to Sandy Stream Pond and saw a fair number of moose but all were females or young males (I have photos somewhere but they are all on film). Then we hiked the trails around the pond and saw one male with huge antlers. He was tucked back in the woods snorting and fussing about so we left rather quickly so as not to irritate him further. I'm definitely anxious to go back sometime soon. Thanks for bring back those memories.

Dec 14, 2017 at 05:42 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Baxter State Park

Great set!

Dec 14, 2017 at 06:22 PM
sum1sgrampa
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Baxter State Park

JohnJos wrote:
Very very nice. It reminds me of my visit there many years ago (nearly 30). We climbed Katadin but the Knife Edge was closed due to the snow still on the ridgeline. We also went to Sandy Stream Pond and saw a fair number of moose but all were females or young males (I have photos somewhere but they are all on film). Then we hiked the trails around the pond and saw one male with huge antlers. He was tucked back in the woods snorting and fussing about so we left rather quickly so as not to irritate him
...Show more

It really is a great place. I had this little encounter on the trail back to camp one afternoon;
I've done a lot of hiking in the Alleghanys and the Adirondacks and the trails there are filled with rocks and tree roots so I've grown accustomed to spending a lot of time looking down as I walk so as not to trip. At one point I looked up and this guy was standing smack dab in the middle of the trail about 20 yards in front of me. Of course I immediately stopped and tried to move up into the dense brush to let him pass. After a few moments he decided he didn't want to be bothered with me so he went off into the brush instead.
Of course, in my head, I have this gorgeous photo of him standing in the middle of the trail perfectly framed by the branches that I missed because both my bodies were foolishly packed in my backpack so this is all I got of him.

Dec 15, 2017 at 09:40 PM
brimull
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Baxter State Park

Nice set and beautiful composition.

Brian M.

Dec 15, 2017 at 09:55 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Baxter State Park

very nicely done, grampa. what a place and nice light captured.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:32 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Baxter State Park

What beautiful shots!!

Birdie

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:50 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.