FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · A7riii firmware update

Dj R
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · A7riii firmware update

GMPhotography wrote:
Okay will do when grandkids leave. I’m concerned about AF bud . Something is odd. Static subjects seem okay but EyEAF is lacking. I need to get out tomorrow and run this thing fully. Still tweaking settings

what glass have you been using EYE AF with the most since visiting the fedex building?

updated was done perfectly on my 10" Sierra 10.12 i5 MBA

Edited on Dec 11, 2017 at 09:39 PM · View previous versions

Dec 11, 2017 at 04:12 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · A7riii firmware update

Just my FE 85 1.8 I’m going to try my Batis 135 and new 50 1.8 . Just have not had anytime to run anything. Been pretty sick with shingles but getting much better to get the hell out of this house. Lol

Dec 11, 2017 at 04:19 PM
genji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · A7riii firmware update

Off topic but I'm still on El Capitan (10.11) and would like to upgrade to Sierra (10.12), which is no longer available from Apple. If anyone has a copy of the Sierra installer, I'd be grateful if you'd PM me. Thanks...

Dec 11, 2017 at 04:29 PM
thrice
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · A7riii firmware update

I'm afraid that may just be lip service. They were aware of the ‘star eater’ issue six months ago as well.

Viramati wrote:
Contacted Sony in the US via 'chat' and have been informed that they are aware of the issue with regards to High Sierra and that their engineers are working on it

Dec 11, 2017 at 04:38 PM
jamato8
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · A7riii firmware update

My main computer is still on Sierra. I don't want to update it to the latest but have it on my other Mac. Anyway updated the III to the latest FW. No issues and went without a hitch.

Dec 11, 2017 at 04:46 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · A7riii firmware update

Viramati wrote:
Contacted Sony in the US via 'chat' and have been informed that they are aware of the issue with regards to High Sierra and that their engineers are working on it

I've been a Sony/Mac guy for a few years now. I've noticed that they are always relatively slow to become compatible with Mac OS upgrades. But they eventually get there.

Dec 11, 2017 at 04:53 PM
Mystik
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · A7riii firmware update

Camera locked up on me while using eye AF with adapted glass and the MBIV a few times. Curious to see if that has been resolved with the firmware.

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:50 AM
jimtron
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · A7riii firmware update

Fred Miranda wrote:
Before someone wastes time, the update software is NOT compatible with Mac OS "High Sierra".

Yep, I can't update the firmware with High Sierra 10.13.1. Get a "could not update" error with Sony System Software Updater.

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:52 AM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · A7riii firmware update

Mystik wrote:
Camera locked up on me while using eye AF with adapted glass and the MBIV a few times. Curious to see if that has been resolved with the firmware.

Interesting. I did my first photoshoot officially with the R3 today and neither the 35mm 1.4 L ii or Sigma 135mm Art gave me any issues with the MB V. In fact, I was blown away at the distances that Eye AF work now. Basically the camera disappeared for me since it was just never giving me any focusing issues.
I couldnt be happier!

Dec 12, 2017 at 01:02 AM
Mystik
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · A7riii firmware update

GabrielPhoto wrote:
Interesting. I did my first photoshoot officially with the R3 today and neither the 35mm 1.4 L ii or Sigma 135mm Art gave me any issues with the MB V. In fact, I was blown away at the distances that Eye AF work now. Basically the camera disappeared for me since it was just never giving me any focusing issues.
I couldnt be happier!

Yeah its weird. The shutter would sometimes open, and get stuck. Like a minute of sweating bullets later and it would close. Happened with both the Sigma 135 and the Canon 24-70II.

Maybe the metabones V is more stable? I probably should check the firmware on my MKIV too.

Dec 12, 2017 at 01:11 AM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · A7riii firmware update

Mystik wrote:
Yeah its weird. The shutter would sometimes open, and get stuck. Like a minute of sweating bullets later and it would close. Happened with both the Sigma 135 and the Canon 24-70II.

Maybe the metabones V is more stable? I probably should check the firmware on my MKIV too.

According to Metabones performance wise there is no difference between IV an V. I am on V57 juts in case.

Dec 12, 2017 at 01:15 AM
wenkanzhu
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · A7riii firmware update

It's a shame software engineers of Sony failed to implement an already established feature on their newest camera model.

It's what a shame they failed to update their firmware updater app to be compatible with macOS already released for half a year.

Dec 12, 2017 at 01:16 AM
Mystik
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · A7riii firmware update

GabrielPhoto wrote:
According to Metabones performance wise there is no difference between IV an V. I am on V57 juts in case.

I'm on V57 too...just checked.

Dec 12, 2017 at 01:20 AM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · A7riii firmware update

GMPhotography wrote:
Just my FE 85 1.8 I’m going to try my Batis 135 and new 50 1.8 . Just have not had anytime to run anything. Been pretty sick with shingles but getting much better to get the hell out of this house. Lol

Guy,

I only have three native FE lenses (35/2.8, 85/1.8, 100/STF) and EyeAF with the 85/1.8 & A7RIII is super snappy! Not so much with the 35/2.8 FE and I don’t remember what it was like with the STF, haha. Maybe the newer lenses play better with EyeAF? I’m curious to see your results with your different lenses.

Dec 12, 2017 at 02:25 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.