New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Vendor opinion

Corvette95

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vendor opinion

I found a very good Christmas deal on a Canon body I want from a place I am not familiar with....Abes of Maine Photography. Anyone bought from this place before. I do NOT want grey market items.
Thanks in advance!

Dec 09, 2017 at 09:01 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vendor opinion

Look at resellerratings dot com. They have better ratings than in the past. Expect some aggressive up selling and bait and switch.

If the price is significantly less than Amazon or B&H, it is a red flag. Usually I rather deal with an honest outfit like B&H.

Dec 09, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Corvette95

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vendor opinion

They are about $200 cheaper .

Dec 09, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Abuttolph
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Vendor opinion

I have not dealt with Abe's of Maine but remember reading that they are not an outfit with integrity. When you look for a vendor, make sure that they are an authorized vendor for the brand that you are buying. Stay away from 42 Street Photo too. My husband purchased a camera as a gift for me a few years ago and specifically ordered and paid for a USA model, but they sent a gray market. They were horrible to deal with after the fact.

After that, I wrote up a blog post to help people choose a reliable vendor. You are welcome to take a look.

https://adelembuttolphgallery.com/tips-buying-cameras-lenses/

Dec 09, 2017 at 10:47 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.