Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

Beni
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

alundeb wrote:
Feeling nostalgic about this.

If you were to make a guess, how do you think this will affect the second hand prices?

Probably going to start rising, they will become classics in more than name.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:21 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

jcolwell wrote:
DPR article: "Cosina has discontinued the Zeiss SLR Classic series of lenses"

https://www.dpreview.com/news/2712896637/cosina-has-discontinued-the-zeiss-slr-classic-series-of-lenses

alundeb wrote:
Feeling nostalgic about this.

If you were to make a guess, how do you think this will affect the second hand prices?

Beni wrote:
Probably going to start rising, they will become classics in more than name.

+1

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:10 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

135mm and MF means photos of inanimates or very still and cooperative animates. Makes for a specialized lens which is useless for action and crippled for candid photography. No matter the auperb IQ if you canít achieve critical focus you really donít have much of a photo.

AF is less important in UWA lenses as the plane of focus is deeper however p, Sony mirrorless cameras have a special sensor which requires a speific WA lens formulation for FF focus. There are plenty of much cheaper (even after rebated prices) lenses that achieve partial focus across the WA FF.

Dec 15, 2017 at 02:14 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

SoundHound wrote:
135mm and MF means photos of inanimates or very still and cooperative animates. Makes for a specialized lens which is useless for action and crippled for candid photography. No matter the auperb IQ if you canít achieve critical focus you really donít have much of a photo.

AF is less important in UWA lenses as the plane of focus is deeper however p, Sony mirrorless cameras have a special sensor which requires a speific WA lens formulation for FF focus. There are plenty of much cheaper (even after rebated prices) lenses that achieve partial focus across the WA FF.

I guess I disagree. I went to college and took a visual arts course and one of my instructors regularily photographed motorcycle racing with MF lenses. No auto focus then. On the Zeiss Images website, there's a regular contributor that posts very sharp and focused photos of basketball games using an Otus 55. I photographed weddings with Hasselblad/MF Zeiss lenses for many years. No auto flashes, light meters, auto nothing.

It's all what your comfortable with.

Dec 15, 2017 at 02:42 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

Aztatlan wrote:
It's interesting you report this. I own the ASTAT-NEX and had tried using it on the MC-11, but for me I found that the ring didn't slide far enough forward on the adapter as it was blocked by the USB port cover. Consequently there is a small overhang from the ring over the edge of the actual mount on the MC-11. Does this occur on yours?

While the ring is blocked by the USB port on one side and the metal molding around the release switch on the other, I find the grip is perfectly secure. The overhang is almost undetectable and doesn't strike any camera parts. I don't feel compelled to bring out the metal file!

Dec 15, 2017 at 04:34 PM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

bushwacker wrote:
Believe the hype bro.... this apo 135 is almost perfect, some call it Otus in classic body.

Me too didnít believe what these guys are saying, I bought it because it was way way low in price.... this lens can resolve high frequency details wide open at more 40 feet., I was expecting itís good only at near distances.

I now do believe the hype. Under the worst possible lighting, I quickly took my first "portrait" type images last night. The only thing I did to the second image was to color correct a bit in post.

The image is of a painting I bought while traveling in India. I'm even more impressed with the artist now that I can see all of this incredible detail that he put into this!

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    135mm lens    135mm    f/5.6    1s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    135mm lens    135mm    f/5.6    1s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 15, 2017 at 04:51 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

Fred Miranda wrote:
If I didn't already have the Batis 135, I would definitely get the Sonnar 135/2 APO at the current price.

I have the ZA 135/1.8 but could not pass up this deal on the 135 apo. Bought it just in time before it became discontinued on b&h website. Can't wait to use it on my 5dsr.

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:25 AM
DaveFP
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

wayne seltzer wrote:
I have the ZA 135/1.8 but could not pass up this deal on the 135 apo. Bought it just in time before it became discontinued on b&h website. Can't wait to use it on my 5dsr.

I did the same. Coming today.

Dec 19, 2017 at 01:27 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

DaveFP wrote:
I did the same. Coming today.

Congrats! Post some pics with it.

Dec 19, 2017 at 03:55 PM
DaveFP
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

wayne seltzer wrote:
Congrats! Post some pics with it.

Will do; back 'atcha.

Dec 19, 2017 at 03:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

As Jason Statham said in the Expendables, "You can't beat a classic!" 😁

Dec 19, 2017 at 04:00 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

"You know, what you know", Boss Janes, Riddick (2013).

Dec 19, 2017 at 05:08 PM
DaveFP
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

It appears that the 135 is sold out at B&H.

Dec 21, 2017 at 02:25 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

They are all sold out except for the Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm F/1.4 ZF.2.

Dec 23, 2017 at 08:35 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

Yesterday, got some shooting time in with my new classic ze 135 APO Sonnar. What a beautiful lens. Not getting time right now to post process them. Shot a mix of tripod and handheld shots. The manual focus with just the OVF and beep was easy and pretty right on as this lens has plenty of contrast wide open and is very sharp. Well worth the $1199!

Dec 24, 2017 at 06:38 PM
bushwacker
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

DaveFP wrote:
It appears that the 135 is sold out at B&H.

it's now a LEGEND.... watch pricing for this in used market will be jacked up. almost the same as the new milvus

Dec 27, 2017 at 01:32 AM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

I'm very happy with mine so far. Not only does it perform great, but it will be a collectors item!

Dec 27, 2017 at 04:09 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

'Not getting time right now to post process them.'

Won't need much. Dr Nasse's 'fourth Otus'.

Dec 27, 2017 at 04:45 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

ZE135/2 APO Sonnar on 5DSR wide open

Dec 29, 2017 at 04:21 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Zeiss ZE and ZF.2 sale. Save up to $1,151!!!

APO spoils photographers. Such lenses never shout their excellence at you. Once they get you on their wavelengths, you always notice the lack of what they do. One for this money was a great buy for those who can use it.

Dec 29, 2017 at 05:51 AM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password