the Washington Monument

black, blue, & golden

Edited on Dec 09, 2017 at 06:28 PM · View previous versions

Dec 07, 2017 at 04:13 PM
lighthound
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · three shades of

Too much motion blur on the first image IMO.

The second is my pick from the set, however it also has issues that hurt it. I love your timing at capturing the aircraft directly over it and the warm light looks great. That would have been an epic capture if that was Air Force 1 flying over!

The things that detract from the image is the dust bunny in the contrail, (easy fix) and the construction equipment. I think the people jogging past would work nicely if the equipment wasn't there.

Just my few pennies.

Dave

Dec 07, 2017 at 05:44 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · three shades of

+1 @ Dave.

lighthound wrote:
The second is my pick from the set, however it also has issues that hurt it. I love your timing at capturing the aircraft directly over it and the warm light looks great. That would have been an epic capture if that was Air Force 1 flying over!

On the way to the golf course??

I'm also seeing a little lean to the monument. The distracting stuff the bottom has got to be dealth with - I'd suggest making a selection over the lower area and darkening significantly. Did you crank up sharpening on this? The monument has a halo around it.

Here's a quick little rework.

Cheers!

Jeff

.edit R.H. I just noticed that you cross-posted to Presentation. Please let me know if you would like me to remove the rework!

Dec 07, 2017 at 06:04 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · three shades of

The first is very dramatic for the sheer scale and light. I am not able to see motion blur so it is not bothering me.

The second is neat, but that is clearly not a 747 so it can't be air force 1. The heavy equipment is a distraction nicely reduced in Jeffs rework.

Dec 07, 2017 at 06:54 PM
Camperjim
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · three shades of

There are times when it really helps to use a tripod and a level. One of these days I am going to do a survey of tendencies to shoot with a tilt. My out of level images tend to tilt consistently in one direction. I am left handed. My wife is right handed and her images tilt in the opposite direction.

Dec 07, 2017 at 08:15 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password