New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Light16 camera

photo1a
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Light16 camera

I have seen occasional references (not on FM) to the Light16 camera, but have not seen any images from independent (non-company) sources. Has anyone seen reviews of the camera and image quality?

https://light.co

Dec 06, 2017 at 11:42 PM
grahamgibson
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Light16 camera

This is the most informative user review I've found:

http://timmulholland.com/2017/10/23/light-l16-camera-hands-on-review-a-different-kind-of-camera/

It's pretty neat tech, and I don't doubt we'll see more innovation in this space, but at the moment the L16 seems like a beta product. Could be fun to play with if you have the cash, but the thing produces inconsistent results that don't always stand up to inspection. I've been watching them sell on ebay, and they regularly sell (new) for less than the order price on the website, despite the fact that you can't get a new one from Light for at least a few months.

Dec 07, 2017 at 10:46 PM
photo1a
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Light16 camera

Thanks the information. Thatís what I suspect.

Dec 07, 2017 at 11:17 PM
bvphotos
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Light16 camera

The interesting thing is that they claim all the current issues are software issues and can (and are being) fixed with updates. Several reviewers have stated that updated software during their review period have made noticeable improvements. Regardless of whether this camera becomes a hit or not, it's paving the way to where camera technology is likely to go.

Their resale value appears to be terrible. You can get brand new ones for about $1300 (originally $1950) and used ones for about $1000. I suspect they'll drop further as more of them are put in the hands of early adopters who realize it's not quite ready for prime time.

Jan 04, 2018 at 06:46 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password