Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Nikon D850 and focus stacking....

bs kite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Nikon D850 and focus stacking....

Just bumped into this video on D850 focus stacking. Do not have time just now to view it. Hope it is helpful.

Dec 08, 2017 at 03:58 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Nikon D850 and focus stacking....

CritterRacing wrote:
OMG photoshop is soooo slow at blending and stacking with only 6 or 7 images. i was reading somewhere Zerene is very fast at stacking.

Would you happen to know if Photoshop or either of the third party programs takes advantage of multiple cores/threads to do the processing?

I can test this myself with Photoshop but I haven't got around to playing with focus stacking yet - just curious.

Dec 08, 2017 at 04:00 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Nikon D850 and focus stacking....

CanadaMark wrote:
Would you happen to know if Photoshop or either of the third party programs takes advantage of multiple cores/threads to do the processing?

I can test this myself with Photoshop but I haven't got around to playing with focus stacking yet - just curious.

I have not tried the stacking in PS yet as I have Helicon. It is excellent that is linked with Lr and is surprisingly quick to process. I do need to try out PS and compare

Dec 08, 2017 at 06:30 PM
Pixphatic
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Nikon D850 and focus stacking....

suteetat wrote:
Here is my little attempt at stacking with 105/1.4e.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4584/38839190982_711aeb8f79_o.jpgayon1 by Suteetat S, on Flickr

I used only photoshop for stacking but think that I really need to find a better solution.
I do get some annoying artifacts and I would say that 30-40% of landscape shots that I tried ended up with strange artifacts especially in the sky. I heard Helikon and Zerene seems to be the two most popular softwares but will need to investigate a bit more. I don't use stacking much in the past but with D850 making it easy, I guess I will start to try some more
...Show more

Great job. The final image looks great.
Thanks for sharing.

bs kite wrote:

Just bumped into this video on D850 focus stacking. Do not have time just now to view it. Hope it is helpful.

Thanks for the link.
Have gone through the video tutorial.It is informative.

charles.K wrote:
I have not tried the stacking in PS yet as I have Helicon. It is excellent that is linked with Lr and is surprisingly quick to process. I do need to try out PS and compare

It seems, Zerene and Helicon are the most preferred stacking sw. Have to explore more a bit.

Thanks all.

Dec 08, 2017 at 09:44 PM
CritterRacing
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Nikon D850 and focus stacking....

CanadaMark wrote:

dont know. But 6 or 7 d850 file takes about 4 min to blend then 5 min to stack. when i read about people stacking 60 images it boggles the mind lol.

i have a middle of the road 5k imac 16TB of fast external drives.

Dec 08, 2017 at 10:34 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Nikon D850 and focus stacking....

Thanks for the video link

Just following the steps it took a few minutes to take some shots outside.
D850 and 50 Art @ f/4 with 7 shots at 5 interval. The Lr import post process and snyc'd the imported in PS blended. This was fast and took no longer than a minute. The day here is very windy so there are artifacts with branches having moved. The initial focus was on the bush only a 1.5 metres away. This is great option

Dec 08, 2017 at 10:38 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.