New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Flash for macro

Alex53
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flash for macro

My wife uses a Fujifilm X-mount camera and she owns the Fujinon 60mm macro. She doesn't have a flash for the system yet though, so I want to get her one as a present. The main use of the flash will be for macro, although it won't be a bad thing if it is useful in general situations.

So far I have read that the 60mm lens obscures the on-camera flash casting a shadow, but the statement was ambiguous as to what flash that was. The EF-20 is much lower than the EF-42, so maybe that is not the case with the taller flash. Ring flash seems a bit problematic, with people resorting to filter + step-up ring solutions to manage to hold the ring flash on this particular lens. (Apparently something to do with the lens ring being only 39mm.

I was wondering whether the wise folk of Fredmiranda.com could cast some light on the issue and recommend the right flash

Dec 05, 2017 at 08:06 AM
zimman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flash for macro

A friend of mine uses a ring flash that was bought for a Canon macro lens. Here is some info about it.
I hope this helps.

http://www.photoandvideography.com/meike-led-macro-ring-flash-fc100-review-388/

Dec 05, 2017 at 11:17 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.