New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Truck Graveyard

beavens
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Truck Graveyard

There is something about this location that keeps calling me back again and again. Perhaps it's the endless number of possible pictures one can take or the underrated beauty of these old trucks as the rust away.

Anyway, here's a handful from the latest venture.

C&C welcome and thanks for viewing!

Jeff

Canon EOS 5DS R    Tokina AT-X M100 PRO D 100mm F2.8 MACRO lens    100mm    f/5.6    1/640s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 04, 2017 at 03:04 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Truck Graveyard

Old Car City?

Nice set.

Bob

Dec 04, 2017 at 02:35 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Truck Graveyard

Bob Jarman wrote:
Old Car City?

Nice set.

Bob

Almost all trucks!!! The owners of the trucking company (which is still in full operation) seem to have a penchant for collecting old trucks. The range from semis down to pickups - with some fire engines thrown in for good measure. There might be a few non-trucks scattered about but the main draw is easily the trucks.

Thanks for commenting, Bob!

Jeff

Dec 04, 2017 at 03:42 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Truck Graveyard

beavens wrote:
Almost all trucks!!! The owners of the trucking company (which is still in full operation) seem to have a penchant for collecting old trucks. The range from semis down to pickups - with some fire engines thrown in for good measure. There might be a few non-trucks scattered about but the main draw is easily the trucks.

Thanks for commenting, Bob!

Jeff

Old Car City is north of Atlanta off I-75, several other FM'ers have visited there. He has many acres of old cars/trucks/bit & pieces. His fee structure even distinguishes between visitors, amateur photographers, and commercial photogs. Worth the trip if you're ever around Atlanta - best autumn or winter when critters, snakes, and poison ivy are inactive.

Bob

Dec 04, 2017 at 07:12 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Truck Graveyard

Bob Jarman wrote:
Old Car City is north of Atlanta off I-75, several other FM'ers have visited there. He has many acres of old cars/trucks/bit & pieces. His fee structure even distinguishes between visitors, amateur photographers, and commercial photogs. Worth the trip if you're ever around Atlanta - best autumn or winter when critters, snakes, and poison ivy are inactive.

Bob

I am intrigued!! We've got an office in Alpharetta - maybe I can come up with an excuse to make a weekend trip down there sometime soon.

I'm not too worried about the snakes or critters, but I try to avoid poison ivy like the plague.

Thanks for the info, Bob!

Jeff

Dec 04, 2017 at 07:18 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Truck Graveyard

link:

Bob

Dec 04, 2017 at 08:41 PM
lazlo369
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Truck Graveyard

The beauty of decay ! broken windows, rust, and failing chrome so well photographed

Dec 05, 2017 at 12:47 AM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Truck Graveyard

lazlo369 wrote:
The beauty of decay ! broken windows, rust, and failing chrome so well photographed

Thanks lazlo!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds decay to be oddly beautiful.

Jeff

Dec 05, 2017 at 02:56 PM
Staklo
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Truck Graveyard

Nice set. I like how you focused on the details, which maybe tells a better story then just rusting hulks.
I'm amazed the metal scrappers and parts-pickers haven't carted away all the hood ornaments and chrome loot!
I like the processing, too.
Thanks for sharing,
Staklo

Dec 06, 2017 at 12:55 AM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Truck Graveyard

Staklo wrote:
Nice set. I like how you focused on the details, which maybe tells a better story then just rusting hulks.
I'm amazed the metal scrappers and parts-pickers haven't carted away all the hood ornaments and chrome loot!
I like the processing, too.
Thanks for sharing,
Staklo

Hey Stak!! Thanks for the comments and feedback. The devil is in the details, or so they say.

The trucking company owns most of the land around here, with farmland covering the rest. I suppose people in the area could pilfer some scrap but perhaps maybe there is some good in people?

Or more realistically they are just ignorant of the loot's existence.

Jeff

Dec 06, 2017 at 01:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Truck Graveyard

Excellant images! I love these "graveyards". Bob speaks loads about Car City. It is on my "bucket list". Many of these old auto "junk" yards have been removed by state laws here in Maryland. And the ones still around are not photographer friendly.
Great images and b/w suits them well.
Dan

Dec 07, 2017 at 12:36 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Truck Graveyard

Danpbphoto wrote:
Excellant images! I love these "graveyards". Bob speaks loads about Car City. It is on my "bucket list". Many of these old auto "junk" yards have been removed by state laws here in Maryland. And the ones still around are not photographer friendly.
Great images and b/w suits them well.
Dan

Thanks Dan! Sounds like you and I feel the same way about these awesome places. I'm going to be adding Car City to my bucket list as well because it sounds really cool. Sometimes the humidity and rust is a good thing - if this were out West the cars would still look brand new!

Jeff

Dec 07, 2017 at 01:31 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Truck Graveyard

beavens wrote:
Thanks Dan! Sounds like you and I feel the same way about these awesome places. I'm going to be adding Car City to my bucket list as well because it sounds really cool. Sometimes the humidity and rust is a good thing - if this were out West the cars would still look brand new!

Jeff

Yeah Jeff. If you are ever near Tucson go to Davis-Mothan airplane graveyard. It is fantastic! And as you say no rust in sight.
Dan

Dec 07, 2017 at 02:43 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Truck Graveyard

Danpbphoto wrote:
Yeah Jeff. If you are ever near Tucson go to Davis-Mothan airplane graveyard. It is fantastic! And as you say no rust in sight.
Dan

Thanks for the info, Dan!! We've got an office out in Scottsdale and my wife has family in Phoenix, so I will definitely be back in Arizona SOMETIME in the near future.

The airplane graveyard sounds all kinds of amazing!

Jeff

Dec 07, 2017 at 03:05 PM
DougVaughn
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Truck Graveyard

Debating between 1 and 3 for my favorite. Simplicity of #1 and interestingness of #3. The "Big Job" on one of the ornaments made me smile. No wussy trucks here.

Dec 09, 2017 at 02:50 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Truck Graveyard

DougVaughn wrote:
Debating between 1 and 3 for my favorite. Simplicity of #1 and interestingness of #3. The "Big Job" on one of the ornaments made me smile. No wussy trucks here.

Thanks Doug!

You aren't lying - there are some beasts "buried" in this graveyard.

Jeff

Dec 11, 2017 at 12:12 AM
DaleBerlin
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Truck Graveyard

Hey Jeff, nice set. My fav is #6 with window cracks, peeling paint, rust, what more could you ask for.

Dec 12, 2017 at 03:38 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Truck Graveyard

DaleBerlin wrote:
Hey Jeff, nice set. My fav is #6 with window cracks, peeling paint, rust, what more could you ask for.

Thanks for the comments, Dale! Sometimes decay isn't for everyone - glad you dig them!

Jeff

Dec 12, 2017 at 03:50 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Truck Graveyard

beavens wrote:

Jeff

Just a followup Jeff. One of the cable channels had a story about a couple of guys going to Davis-Monthan graveyard and finding an old Navy Stearman and restored it to OEM. They also had a few other classic WWI and II fighter planes in the episode that needed some TLC.
Just a followup FYI..
Dan

Dec 14, 2017 at 01:37 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Truck Graveyard

Danpbphoto wrote:
Just a followup Jeff. One of the cable channels had a story about a couple of guys going to Davis-Monthan graveyard and finding an old Navy Stearman and restored it to OEM. They also had a few other classic WWI and II fighter planes in the episode that needed some TLC.
Jusy a followup FYI..
Dan

Thanks for the followup, Dan! I'll see if I can track down the show.

Jeff

Dec 14, 2017 at 01:38 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password