Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Oben CT-3561 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball...

lesaus
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oben CT-3561 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball Head

Looking for a tripod/head combo for my girlfriend at a reasonable cost and low weight. She is petite (98#), so carbon fiber is a must.

The "Oben CT-3561 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball Head" combo is on sale at B&H for $100 off the $330 price.

I like several thing about this unit: It is tall enough for her to be used without the center column, and can go low to the ground; weight is around 3#; it appears to be sturdy enough for her Canon SL1 with the 16-55 and 55-250 STM lenses.

Anyone have experience with this tripod and/or ball head? Thanks.

Dec 03, 2017 at 08:00 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oben CT-3561 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball Head

I'd avoid five sections. Is there a similar 4-section model?

EBH

Dec 04, 2017 at 08:33 AM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oben CT-3561 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball Head

^ +1. Five leg sections is one leg section too many. They did sell this model with four leg sections but it's discontinued. The 3481 is now the one to get if staying with Oben. A bit more expensive but likely more stable.

Dec 04, 2017 at 02:34 PM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oben CT-3561 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball Head

Thanks for opinions re number of sections. My tripods have 3 sections and I can see where 5 would result in really skinny shafts at the end of a light tripod. Looked at the 3481, which would be perfect if on sale - will need to wait a while.

Dec 05, 2017 at 04:32 PM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oben CT-3561 Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with BE-117T Ball Head

After doing more research, I have found that suitable carbon-fiber tripods may be a bit expensive for a first tripod for my girlfriend, so, I have been looking into kits with aluminum legs and have narrowed it down to this one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1156933-REG/sirui_bsrt2004l_t_l_series_tripod_kit.html

At a price of $190 it appears to be a good starting tripod and can go low with the short column, which should be tall enough for her without having to use the longer one.

Any experiences with this tripod, ball head, or Sirui in general would be helpful. Thanks.

Dec 07, 2017 at 04:57 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password