New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Df to X100f

bobmcg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Df to X100f

Would appreciate any insights on those who have moved from the Nikon Df to the X100f. I've really enjoyed the Df since it first came out but I want a "take anywhere camera" which the Df, with a decent lens, is not. I'm not too concerned over the fixed length as I like to shoot at 35mm. Thanks in advance.

Dec 02, 2017 at 07:52 PM
duet
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Df to X100f

I never used DF, but uses D750s for my pro jobs. Recently purchased X100F for my daily camera and frankly I'm little more than amazed with this little camera. The performance of this little one is no joke. Seriously got me consider Fuji for my pro jobs. So just purchased XT2 and a few lenses to see if Fuji can really do the work.

Dec 02, 2017 at 09:49 PM
RyanDelaney
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Df to X100f

I picked up an X100T for a trip to Mexico last year as I didn’t want to bring my Df and 58 1.4. I loved that combo but ended up selling all my Nikon stuff when I got back as the Fuji system and X100 cameras are a better fit for me and my lifestyle. The X100F is now my primary camera. It is nowhere near the Df in low light and that sensor is tough to beat (which was an adjustment) but the X100F is always with me and it has its own strengths. Haptics are another transition but I think a bit easier coming from the Df due to similar physical dials on the fuji. I love the fuji files, leaf shutter, built in ND filter, excellent auto exposure, fab skin tones, and easy JPEGs. The fill flash on the X100 series makes great exposures in tough light and I can put the camera in auto and get good pictures from friends or family. Oh, and the OVF/EVF is a pretty amazing feature as well. Sometimes I miss having a camera that can see in the dark and razor thin DOF but the Fuji +’s outweigh that and it’s only real shortcomings are due to my limitations as a photographer.

Dec 02, 2017 at 10:29 PM
gaopa
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Df to X100f

Another happy Nikonian who shots Fuji cameras. I like them so much that I have ended up with not only an X-100F, but an X-T2, X-Pro 2 and even an X-E2 and an assortment of lenses. All great cameras. I still shoot both a D800 and D500 for some of my work, but my camera of choice now is Fuji.

Dec 03, 2017 at 07:02 AM
bobmcg
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Df to X100f

DesertRhino wrote:
It is nowhere near the Df in low light and that sensor is tough to beat (which was an adjustment) but the X100F is always with me and it has its own strengths.

How high ISO do you feel comfortable using the X100f? That's my primary concern (recognizing you are comparing a full frame with a crop sensor).

Dec 03, 2017 at 09:45 AM
RyanDelaney
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Df to X100f

bobmcg wrote:
I’m not a pixel peeper so I have no problem with anything up to 6400 when needed. The Fuji noise is little more refined in my eyes and adds a bit of character when wanted.

Dec 03, 2017 at 05:01 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.