Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Any comparisons yet between Olympus 45/1.2 and Panaleica ...

formula4speed
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Any comparisons yet between Olympus 45/1.2 and Panaleica 42.5/1.2?

Thanks guys, I should try to Eye AF with my 45 1.8 first and see how I like it.

Only problem is ever since I gave my wife my old E-M5 I haven't really had access to some of my lenses...she hasn't touched her Nikon gear ever since.

Nov 28, 2017 at 09:14 PM
Wilbus
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Any comparisons yet between Olympus 45/1.2 and Panaleica 42.5/1.2?

Nice to hear she likes her E-M5!

The 45 F1.8 works great with eye AF as well. In fact all lenses do. 95% of the time when I shoot portraits I am on Eye AF with closest eye priority and it works perfectly almost all the time. Sometimes it works too good. One time a few years ago with the E-M5 I shot my nephew with his pacifier in his mouth. The pacifier has an owl face painted on it, eyes, nose and mouth and it was closer then my nephews eyes so the camera kept locking on to the pacifiers closest eye instead. This is one of the few occasions during portraits shoots where I had to turn it off.

Nov 29, 2017 at 07:45 AM
seppling

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Any comparisons yet between Olympus 45/1.2 and Panaleica 42.5/1.2?

Really interesting to see the difference in OOF rendering between the Oly & PL. Looks like a half stop difference between the two. As a Nocti/GX8 owner, I'll be staying with the PanaLeica for DIS support.

Though, not much could pull me away from this lens - it's the only m43 lens I own, and I'm so in love with the rendering that I use it alongside my Fuji setup as my 85mm equivalent.

Dec 01, 2017 at 06:44 AM
Wilbus
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Any comparisons yet between Olympus 45/1.2 and Panaleica 42.5/1.2?

Good review of the 45mm and some beautiful photos. Also interesting reviewer.

Same guy and comparison between the Panasonic Leica 42,5

Dec 07, 2017 at 06:12 AM
johnvanr
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Any comparisons yet between Olympus 45/1.2 and Panaleica 42.5/1.2?

Thanks Wilbus. Interesting comparison.

Dec 07, 2017 at 11:51 AM
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password