Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Mathieu18
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Damn, thatís pretty tempting... I donít think Iíll do it cause Iíd be divorced, but pretty damn tempting... hmm...

uscmatt99 wrote:
Good deal on a Loxia kit from B and H as well. All four with accompanying 52mm UV filters and handy carrying case for $4376, previously $5414. At least I think thatís a good deal right?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1376733-REG/zeiss_loxia_full_lens_kit.html

Nov 27, 2017 at 01:09 AM
davewolfs
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

I did a currency conversion because I was interested and these prices are rediculius (in a bad way). $1800 USD for the Loxia 21mm.

briantho wrote:
There was a sale on all Zeiss glass in Sweden during the weekend, everything at 25% off, even Otus. I almost pulled the trigger on the Batis 135 but it is still too much money for my low usage. I still have the Zony 135/1.8, so Iím good anyway. I bought a Loxia 50 to complement my 21. Another 50... just what I needed...

Edit: Deal is still ongoing if anyone from the nordic countries is interested:
https://www.cyberphoto.se/search?q=zeiss

Nov 27, 2017 at 02:10 AM
briantho
• • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Haha, thatís life in Sweden. Everyting is MUCH more expensive than in the US, especially photo gear. Itís a tiny market in comparison, and the state adds 25% VAT on all goods sold. It doesnít help to import from the US either, customs will add the standard 25% VAT on the delivery + their own fees and extra penalties for buying from abroad.

So you can imagine, when we can deduct 25% on these prices, and the Loxia 21 sells for $1350, itís a damn good deal over here, and it only happens once in a blue moon.

The A7RIII launch price in Sweden is over $4300, more than a grand more than in the US. Oh, and we also pay the highest taxes in the world. Yeah, it sucks.

Nov 27, 2017 at 07:14 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

kdrk888 wrote:
Ordered the Batis 135 from Adorama on Thursday and it was just delivered! I noticed the packaging is much better secured now that they were several months ago. They listened to their customers.

You have NO idea how happy this has made me!! Thank you so much for sharing....

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:39 AM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

briantho wrote:
The A7RIII launch price in Sweden is over $4300, more than a grand more than in the US. Oh, and we also pay the highest taxes in the world. Yeah, it sucks.

Well I would know a few things which suck about places with lower taxes

Nov 27, 2017 at 01:14 PM
briantho
• • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Phillip Reeve wrote:
Well I would know a few things which suck about places with lower taxes

True I guess... it still sucks though.

Nov 27, 2017 at 03:34 PM
Pchi

p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

GMPhotography wrote:
Call them seriously. You just placed a nice big order maybe they can help on the Loxia 85. Worst they can say is no. They are really nice folks.

Btw I get nothing from recommending them. Just a good shop

So Adorama got back to me and they got the okay from zeiss to include the loxia 85! ,so I ended up getting the 21,35, and 85 for 25 percent off. Thanks gm photography.

Also, the discounts and bundles are still ongoing.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

GMPhotography
• • • • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Great news. Happy to hear that.

Great I could use the good Karma

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:41 PM
Parariss
• •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Helen Oster wrote:
You have NO idea how happy this has made me!! Thank you so much for sharing....

If Adorama truly has fixed their shipping packaging, I'd generally rather order from them than B&H. They ship quicker and aren't closed unexpectedly/often for orthodox holidays I've never heard of. But, until I'm absolutely sure Adorama has changed their evil ways I'll continue to avoid them for lenses or anything else fragile. As of two months ago they were still screwing up.

Nov 30, 2017 at 02:06 AM
kdrk888
• • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Parariss wrote:
If Adorama truly has fixed their shipping packaging, I'd generally rather order from them than B&H. They ship quicker and aren't closed unexpectedly/often for orthodox holidays I've never heard of. But, until I'm absolutely sure Adorama has changed their evil ways I'll continue to avoid them for lenses or anything else fragile. As of two months ago they were still screwing up.

BH packaging wasn't stellar few months ago when they shipped my $2500 Sony 100-400, only one sheet of bubble wrap in a big box, plenty of room for the lens box to bounce around, Adorama did similar thing, there is a thread where people complained about it. But the Batis 135 I got from Adorama last week was very well packed.

Nov 30, 2017 at 03:12 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

I completely understand. The problem is - the Adorama packaging department has a strict protocol for packaging, but there are dozens of packers.

It only takes ONE (or one packaging machine out too late the night before ........ )to mess up one order

Nov 30, 2017 at 07:17 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

Pchi wrote:
So Adorama got back to me and they got the okay from zeiss to include the loxia 85! ,so I ended up getting the 21,35, and 85 for 25 percent off. Thanks gm photography.

Also, the discounts and bundles are still ongoing.

That's indeed great news. Congratulations on the new lens(es).

Dec 02, 2017 at 06:27 AM
Bubble
• • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Still going!! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale.

FYI, I get the Batis 135mm at Focus camera for $1650 ($50 below the sale price)

Dec 02, 2017 at 06:43 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password