Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              6       7       end

Archive 2017 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Chuck Coyne wrote:
I just placed my order for one. I miss mine as well and while the CV 65 is an outstanding lens the Loxia 50 is so much easier to take along when looking to go smaller and lighter but with that nice Zeiss look.

Just to dang close to my 40 otherwise i would grab one too. I still need to buy back my 65. Im just waiting for the dust to settle after next week.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Andre Y
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

moosehead222 wrote:
Does anyone know who long this sale will be? The Batis 135 is on my wish list but I had not planned on buying yet.

According to Zeiss USA’s Instagram account, December 1 or when stocks run out. Looking forward to getting the 35/1.4 Milvus myself ...

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM
davewolfs
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

GMPhotography wrote:
Just to dang close to my 40 otherwise i would grab one too. I still need to buy back my 65. Im just waiting for the dust to settle after next week.

With the $899 selling price - today would be a good time.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM
davewolfs
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Andre Y wrote:
According to Zeiss USA’s Instagram account, December 1 or when stocks run out. Looking forward to getting the 35/1.4 Milvus myself ...

I see on your Flickr account that you’ve used it (nice photos). How do you find the accuracy of green dot focusing with it?

The 15% discount is a great deal.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:52 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

davewolfs wrote:
With the $899 selling price - today would be a good time.

Yea I know its killing me but I had to buy a Raid Array yesterday which blew my budget.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:01 PM
Andre Y
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

davewolfs wrote:
I see on your Flickr account that you’ve used it (nice photos). How do you find the accuracy of green dot focusing with it?

The 15% discount is a great deal.

Thanks! I didn’t test the 35 with the green dot specifically because I didn’t have much time with it, but the D850’s AF confirm is much tighter than the D810’s. I’m evaluating the new 25 Milvus right now and have tested the green dot there, and it’s usable, but you should still AF fine tune to get the best results, and probably practice to get a feel for where in the dot’s range is the best focus.

Jim Kasson’s tested the green dot on the D850, and while it shouldn’t be used to get the ultimate in sharpness (like in an MTF50 test or a really critical photo), it will get you usable photos in real life.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Pchi wrote:
I'm looking to buy some loxia lenses, is it better to buy used or new with the discounted price?
Do some have copy variance? If so, which ones would be better to buy new versus safe to buy used?

I don't know about other lenses, the Loxia 21 you are looking for is priced pretty good for a new one. However, you can get a good used one on the Buy & Sale board for $1100 when they pop up.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:18 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

"Technically you can just buy from BHphoto.com and ship to CA and not pay sales tax"

Adam - Not just technically. You absolutely don't pay sales tax from B&H because they don't collect it. You do however, living in California, owe Use Tax to the state for any such purchase. For those of us with Resale Certificates, that means declaring those items on your next sales tax return. For the rest it means declaring on your state income tax return. That's what makes the Samy's sale so attractive. They pay your sales tax for you and you don't have to remember to declare (and pay) it later on.

The other thing to remember for those with resale certs in California is that sooner or later you will be audited no matter what, and having been through one about fifteen years ago I can say with certainty that it's a major pain in the ass. There are several ways to get audited but some include being associated with another business being audited, screwing up your own returns and, most often, just like me, a completely random pick to be audited.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:26 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Pchi wrote:
I'm looking to buy some loxia lenses, is it better to buy used or new with the discounted price?
Do some have copy variance? If so, which ones would be better to buy new versus safe to buy used?

Edit: never mind I ordered the 21, 35, and 50 through a black Friday bundle. Total $2800. At that price I think new is better than saving couple hundred.

On mpb.com

I think a Loxia 21 is 1190.00 I paid that a couple months ago
And they have the Loxia 35 I think for 835.00. Now there a good shop to buy used but given these new sale prices. I would opt for new. Here you have the option to return. Having said that. Very little copy variance in the 21 but we have seen more in the 35. For the extra money personally I would jump in the sale prices now. That’s me though . Than you have the VC 65 at Adorama for 899 off too. That’s the only place I see it has it on sale. The Loxia 85 is on sale too.

Personally Adorama is a great retailer and I buy a lot from them. I would be rubbing my credit card on my pants to warm it up and buy it all there. Btw we do have Helen Oster from Adorama on this forum and she is awesome to have here. I’ve been doing this a extremely long time these sale prices on Zeiss products are rare. I paid 2000 for the Batis 135 and it’s on sale for 1700. 00. If you can swing the money it’s truly one of the best lenses you can buy in Sony mount. I love mine

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:40 PM
Pchi

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

I think anyone following this thread might be interested.
Adorama is selling the loxia 21, 35, and 50 as a bundle for $2832
You can also select 1 lense then hit the bundle button and get an additional 10 percent off on 1 or two lenses. It only works with the 21,35, 50. The 85 is not included.

I tried with,the batis lenses, but there is no similar bundle.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:41 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

I missed your edited post. Great stuff and good luck

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:42 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Even better you went through Adorama. Great shop no worries. I bought a Raid array from them yesterday.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:43 PM
Pchi

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy I found that deal. Just wish the loxia 85 was included. I wanted to have a 21, 35, 85 kit. But, i've got no complaints. Jus can't wait to get them, adorama threw in free overnight shipping.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:49 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Call them seriously. You just placed a nice big order maybe they can help on the Loxia 85. Worst they can say is no. They are really nice folks.

Btw I get nothing from recommending them. Just a good shop

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM
DannyBurkPhoto
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Pchi wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty happy I found that deal. Just wish the loxia 85 was included. I wanted to have a 21, 35, 85 kit. But, i've got no complaints. Jus can't wait to get them, adorama threw in free overnight shipping.

You'll love the Loxia set. Great for a light hiking set (per your other thread). If I'm out walking for several hours, I'll take the 4 Loxiae, Voigtlander 15, and usually 1-2 others, depending on what I'm doing.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Pchi wrote:

Edit: never mind I ordered the 21, 35, and 50 through a black Friday bundle. Total $2800. At that price I think new is better than saving couple hundred.

From my experience, the Loxia 50 has almost no variance. The Lox 21 has a little and the Loxia 35 has moderate variance. The only lens that may give you a headache is the Lox 35 but you may get lucky!

Nov 24, 2017 at 01:47 PM
Pchi

p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

GMPhotography wrote:
Call them seriously. You just placed a nice big order maybe they can help on the Loxia 85. Worst they can say is no. They are really nice folks.

Btw I get nothing from recommending them. Just a good shop

I took your advice, I called,and the sales rep said he is calling Zeiss to see I'd it eas okay to replace the 50mm with 85mm.

Also, I asked of this was just a black Friday thing and he said the current discounts are through Zeiss and are ongoing through black friday and the additional 10 percent off through bundling might be just a black Friday thing, he wasn't sure.

Nov 24, 2017 at 02:09 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Good I hope that works out.

Nov 24, 2017 at 02:21 PM
moosehead222
• •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

You may already know this but the sale (at least from B&H) ends 12/1/17 per chat session. Lot's to ponder before 12/1.

Nov 24, 2017 at 03:36 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

i broke down and bought the Batis 18 for gimbal work again.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:33 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.