Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              6       7       end

Archive 2017 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

lightskyland
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Great lenses. Great deals!

Nov 23, 2017 at 09:22 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Don't forget that the Zeiss sale includes all the Milvus lenses as well, and for those of us here in California and especially in Lo-Cal, Samy's is having one of there No Sales Tax sales this weekend as well - the only legitimate way to not pay sales or use tax. I'll be at Samy's Pasadena tomorrow getting a Milvus 100mm f/2 from Frank there along with a few other items. Next stop - the new t/s lenses. A good time for spending a crapload of cash.

Nov 23, 2017 at 09:35 PM
davewolfs
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Didn’t realize anyone bought Milvus.

Peter Figen wrote:
Don't forget that the Zeiss sale includes all the Milvus lenses as well, and for those of us here in California and especially in Lo-Cal, Samy's is having one of there No Sales Tax sales this weekend as well - the only legitimate way to not pay sales or use tax. I'll be at Samy's Pasadena tomorrow getting a Milvus 100mm f/2 from Frank there along with a few other items. Next stop - the new t/s lenses. A good time for spending a crapload of cash.

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:02 PM
davewolfs
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

I would say that the handling of the 50 is superior to the 40mm f/1.2 Voigtlander as well. Just feels more natural to me.

DavidBM wrote:
I'm not sure whether I can say "told you so" because I can't recall whether I said that you shouldn't sell in the flurry of enthusiasm for the CV 65!

I love CV 65 - it's a better lens; but if it's a long hike, or even just a very informal landscape trip, the little Lox is still what's on the camera...

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:04 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

davewolfs wrote:
I would say that the handling of the 50 is superior to the 40mm f/1.2 Voigtlander as well. Just feels more natural to me.

I like the size and weight of the 50; but I prefer the handling of the CV. I grew up on OM-Zuiko lenses that have the aperture ring at the front, so I prefer that, and Loxias in general have aperture rings that can sometimes make you shift focus as you try to move them. I also like the focus ring on the CV better. But I prefer the look of the Loxia.

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:47 PM
elimoss
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Uggh, decisions! Batis 135 or hold out for a potential Sony 135...

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:35 PM
ChrisLovesUgly
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Bokehddicted wrote:
You accidentially used the term ‚need‘ in conjunction with the acquisition of photographic gadgets. Maybe a problem with autocompletion in your browser? ROFL

Ha! Stupid autocorrect! I have been eyeing the 50 to compliment the 21... And maybe the 35 too.

Peter Figen wrote:

Good to know about Samy's, but inaccurate about it being the only legitimate way to not pay sales and use tax.

Nov 24, 2017 at 02:10 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

" but inaccurate about it being the only legitimate way to not pay sales and use tax."

Please explain

Nov 24, 2017 at 02:59 AM
ChrisLovesUgly
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Peter Figen wrote:
" but inaccurate about it being the only legitimate way to not pay sales and use tax."

Please explain

Duty-free/overseas, for one. But frankly, I don't want to debate about it and in retrospect, I wouldn't have replied. To each their own.

Cheers.

Nov 24, 2017 at 04:28 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Chris - I'm genuinely curious how this works. It's not a debate. How does purchasing duty free or overseas exempt you from sales or use tax? Are you saying that if you happen to BE overseas? And does duty free mean the same as sales tax free? I've been referring to California and other U.S. states' sales tax and use tax. Not wanting an argument just a clarification.

Nov 24, 2017 at 05:00 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Peter Figen wrote:
Chris - I'm genuinely curious how this works. It's not a debate. How does purchasing duty free or overseas exempt you from sales or use tax? Are you saying that if you happen to BE overseas? And does duty free mean the same as sales tax free? I've been referring to California and other U.S. states' sales tax and use tax. Not wanting an argument just a clarification.

Technically you can just buy from BHphoto.com and ship to CA and not pay sales tax.

Nov 24, 2017 at 05:14 AM
moosehead222
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

I would like to support my local photo store whom has treated me very well. Will this discount be offered to all stores via. Zeiss (so they can offer the discount)? And do you know if the discount is only through the weekend? I have an e-mail to B&H. It is too easy to spend money.

Nov 24, 2017 at 05:20 AM
ChrisLovesUgly
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Peter Figen wrote:

My mistake, Peter! I assumed you did just because it's the internet. PM sent.

Nov 24, 2017 at 05:26 AM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

moosehead222 wrote:
I would like to support my local photo store whom has treated me very well. Will this discount be offered to all stores via. Zeiss (so they can offer the discount)? And do you know if the discount is only through the weekend? I have an e-mail to B&H. It is too easy to spend money.

Give your local store a call.

Nov 24, 2017 at 05:26 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

elimoss wrote:
Uggh, decisions! Batis 135 or hold out for a potential Sony 135...

The Batis 135/2.8 is the best 135mm I've ever had. It's perfect from wide open to the very edges. I don't even mind that I paid full price for it.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

DavidBM wrote:
I'm not sure whether I can say "told you so" because I can't recall whether I said that you shouldn't sell in the flurry of enthusiasm for the CV 65!

I love CV 65 - it's a better lens; but if it's a long hike, or even just a very informal landscape trip, the little Lox is still what's on the camera...

Yeap, you told me so!

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM
Chuck Coyne
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Fred Miranda wrote:
The Batis 135/2.8 is the best 135mm I've ever had. It's perfect from wide open to the very edges. I don't even mind that I paid full price for it.

+1

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM
Chuck Coyne
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Fred Miranda wrote:
I'm thinking on buying the Loxia 50/2 again. Miss this lens..

I just placed my order for one. I miss mine as well and while the CV 65 is an outstanding lens the Loxia 50 is so much easier to take along when looking to go smaller and lighter but with that nice Zeiss look.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:28 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

Fred Miranda wrote:

Ive gotten my full price money out of it already. This is a steal at 1700.

Seriously if you can listen to me seriously for at least one lens to get than this one is on top of the list

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Pchi

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Update: It is Back! Zeiss Batis and Loxia Sale!

I'm looking to buy some loxia lenses, is it better to buy used or new with the discounted price?
Do some have copy variance? If so, which ones would be better to buy new versus safe to buy used?

Edit: never mind I ordered the 21, 35, and 50 through a black Friday bundle. Total $2800. At that price I think new is better than saving couple hundred.

Edited on Nov 24, 2017 at 12:17 PM · View previous versions

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.