Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Aspect ratio choice not shown in viewfinder (GX85)

Kit Laughlin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aspect ratio choice not shown in viewfinder (GX85)

I feel like an idiot for even needing to post about this here, but I cannot get any of my GX85s (I have three for the video studio) to show a chosen aspect ratio (besides 16:9) in the finder, or on the LCD.

Today I had to take one of them out of the studio to take a few product shots, and 1:1 is what I wanted. 16:9 is what I got; but after taking an image, 1:1 appeared on the instant review. I am shooting raw, so no problems there in the big picture. I tried the "reset" but that dod not change this behaviour.

This problem is probably some interaction with the video settings, but I cannot figure out what! I am sure I am going to have one of those d'oh moments when someone tells me what's going on! TIA, KL

Nov 22, 2017 at 09:52 PM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aspect ratio choice not shown in viewfinder (GX85)

It's in the Custom Wrench section of the menu: if you have Rec Area set to the movie camera icon, 16:9 is set in both the EVF and the rear display and changing Aspect Ratio has no effect on this.

Setting Rec Area to the alternative icon, a camera outline, allows you to select the recording area in the Rec menu via Aspect Ratio, and any choice is reflected in both displays.

Not the most intuitive interaction among menu items, I must say.

Nov 24, 2017 at 08:34 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.