Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Leica M10 Screen Protector (Leica Q?)

Alpha_Geist
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica M10 Screen Protector (Leica Q?)

I'm trying to find a nice glass screen protector for the M10. Does anyone know if the Q and M10 share the same LCD screen size?

There seems to be more (better?) options for screen protectors for the Q than the M10 at the moment, and the LCD screen of the Q looks very similar to that of the M10.

Nov 21, 2017 at 08:54 PM
mdemeyer
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica M10 Screen Protector (Leica Q?)

The ones for the SL are a good fit. Amazon sells a tempered glass one (can’t remember the brand) for about $12 that I have on my M10 and it’s perfect.

The Leica ones are frosted plastic and you can’t see a sharp image on the screen. Recommend staying away from them if you want to do more than read the menus.

Nov 23, 2017 at 03:41 AM
pmeheut
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica M10 Screen Protector (Leica Q?)

I love the Leica ones for this exact same reason: I find the normal image on the screen to be too flattering.
With their protection, I just look at the image composition and exposure and that’s all.

Nov 23, 2017 at 04:46 AM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica M10 Screen Protector (Leica Q?)

mdemeyer wrote:
The ones for the SL are a good fit. Amazon sells a tempered glass one (can’t remember the brand) for about $12 that I have on my M10 and it’s perfect.

The Leica ones are frosted plastic and you can’t see a sharp image on the screen. Recommend staying away from them if you want to do more than read the menus.

Thank you for the info! The M10 specific glass screens are “meh” on amazon. The Q and SL have been out longer and have more selection to choose from. I’ll find an SL glass screen then. Thanks!

Nov 23, 2017 at 08:41 PM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leica M10 Screen Protector (Leica Q?)

For those interested, the Leica Q screen is much smaller than the M10 screen. The Leica SL screens appear to be a better fit.

Returning my Q screen protector and waiting for the SL screen protectors to arrive.

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:46 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.