Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Anyone in Canada with an M Typ 240 want a super cheap handgrip? Amazon l...

BobLoblaw

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone in Canada with an M Typ 240 want a super cheap handgrip? Amazon link in thread

I've posted about this on Reddit as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Leica/comments/7emnie/anyone_in_canada_with_an_m_typ_240_want_a_super/

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B017TYF3WO/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stumbled across this while perusing Amazon for UV filters. These Tarion grips usually sell for between $60-100 USD on eBay and some other sites. Even on Amazon USA right now it's $55.

Some random fire sale or pricing error means these are only $9 for some reason in Canada.

I decided to receive mine first before sharing the link to make sure it wasn't a complete piece of garbage.

The grip is solidly made, it has an aluminum base and a mahogany handle. Since it's third party it doesn't act as a baseplate unfortunately so it does make your camera taller.

One issue with it is since it doesn't hook onto the baseplate tab, or have any additional tab on its front left side, you can technically loosen/move the entire plate/grip by just accidentally pushing on it edgewise. This means that if you're not careful you can bump it and the whole grip shifts, and consequently the handscrew that goes into the tripod mount also loosens.

This is not that big of an issue as long as you just keep holding the camera via the grip, but it's worth pointing out.
I have the official Leica M 240 grip on its way as well which I imagine I will probably use instead, but for $9 you really can't beat this thing. It looks the business with my burlwood soft release too.

Nov 21, 2017 at 08:14 PM
BobLoblaw

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone in Canada with an M Typ 240 want a super cheap handgrip? Amazon link in thread

Looks like it went from 4 in stock to 3, so someone ordered one. Get 'em before they're gone!

Nov 22, 2017 at 08:42 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.