Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sunday Morning at the Local Bald Eagle Nest....

cohenfive
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunday Morning at the Local Bald Eagle Nest....

So a funny thing happened last fall...a pair of adult baldies decided to set up shop in a city in the bay area, literally in a residential neighborhood on the property of a local elementary school. They built a nest, mated, had a baby which fledged, and they became local celebrities in the process. This fall they came back. There are a few locals who visit the nest literally every day, but I only head down every once in a while. I was there Sunday morning and both mom and dad were active around the nest for a couple of hours. I have to admit I am lucky that I get to see these majestic birds fairly often...and also admit that I never get tired of seeing them. Here are some pictures of my visit this past Sunday. The nest, still being fixed up, seems about ready to go. All pics taken with d850/500e fl vr combo.

I want that branch down there.....

Aaaaahhhh, that feels better!

D850 resolution check (heavily cropped)

Squirrel, I would strongly advise you NOT to come any closer...

I prefer Canon!

Incoming!

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:28 PM
B Benson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunday Morning at the Local Bald Eagle Nest....

Lucky you to see them so much, nice series. Bruce

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunday Morning at the Local Bald Eagle Nest....

3 and next to the last are my picks Richard. You should have a lot of fun returning to this location.

Morris

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunday Morning at the Local Bald Eagle Nest....

Thanks gang. Looking forward to heading back to see how they are progressing. The nest should be about ready to go, so at some point they will try mating. That would be cool to see, but pretty lucky if I happened to be there for that. Great to have them local.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:03 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.