Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2017 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

bs kite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

If I did not have a D500 and had been wanting one for a long time..... I would do what it took to buy it right now.

Arguably, this is the best wildlife camera made to date. It's at least one of the best.

Arbitrage posted a heads up on the current sale.

What is it...under $1800 with the grip? Wow!

At this price (and the FREE grip!), I wish I needed another one.

If you're on the fence about this camera, I'd like to say...just do it .

Love this camera!

Nov 19, 2017 at 01:30 PM
runakid
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Buying mine today.
What should I buy with it?

Nov 19, 2017 at 02:53 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

bs kite wrote:
If I did not have a D500 and had been wanting one for a long time..... I would do what it took to buy it right now.

Arguably, this is the best wildlife camera made to date. It's at least one of the best.

Arbitrage posted a heads up on the current sale.

What is it...under $1800 with the grip? Wow!

At this price (and the FREE grip!), I wish I needed another one.

If you're on the fence about this camera, I'd like to say...just do it .

Love this camera!

I wish they would give us the price less the grip rather than having to purchasing a grip and then sell it as used in like new condition. When they have these promotions, there is always a glut of grips on the used market so you can't get much for it. The same goes for the crap retailers bundle. Most of that went into the trash.

Morris

Nov 19, 2017 at 03:53 PM
gdsf2
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

morris wrote:
I wish they would give us the price less the grip rather than having to purchasing a grip and then sell it as used in like new condition. When they have these promotions, there is always a glut of grips on the used market so you can't get much for it. The same goes for the crap retailers bundle. Most of that went into the trash.

Morris

It just shows how cheap the grips must be to make.

Nov 19, 2017 at 04:07 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Well, I am interested in the grip. Not sure when I will use it but will bring it to Costa Rica with Matt Shetzer's tour. I can always just put it in the closet with all the other stuff that I bought and never used much.

Any suggestions on what to purchase with the D500 for happy photos, please let me know. Geoff suggested an extra Nikon battery. The Nikon forum does speak highly of the included Watson battery.

Nov 19, 2017 at 04:45 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

runakid wrote:
Well, I am interested in the grip. Not sure when I will use it but will bring it to Costa Rica with Matt Shetzer's tour. I can always just put it in the closet with all the other stuff that I bought and never used much.

Any suggestions on what to purchase with the D500 for happy photos, please let me know. Geoff suggested an extra Nikon battery. The Nikon forum does speak highly of the included Watson battery.

This third party batteries and charger work great with the D500
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JG6QWUA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The dual charger is small and light and works off of a USB port. I have a 2A per port multi port USB charger that I use when I travel and attach this off of it saving weight and bulk.

If you want to enjoy you D500 even more, get one of these
https://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/subaru/forester/2017/oem/2017_subaru_forester_4dr-suv_25i-touring-pzev_fq_oem_3_1280.jpg

Morris

Nov 19, 2017 at 04:58 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Will that be in the box too?

Nov 19, 2017 at 05:05 PM
JD5150
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

I'm on the fence about purchasing the D500. It's a great deal and I recently got the bug for BIF shooting, but I'm not sure when I go out on a hike if I want to carry 2 camera systems with me (1 for landscape - FF and the other for wildlife). I was planning on selling my D750 later and going for a D850 to have the best of both. We are very fortunate to have so many choices.

-JD

Nov 19, 2017 at 05:58 PM
SoonerCharlie
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

I agree, I you want a D500, Now is the time to buy! I wish Nikon was offering this deal when I bought mine... I still need a grip.

Nov 19, 2017 at 07:24 PM
JustShootMe
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

So tempting ... I get an extra 17% off through work .. this may be the time . What's the verdict on the 16-80 ? worth purchasing ?

Nov 19, 2017 at 07:56 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

SoonerCharlie wrote:
I agree, I you want a D500, Now is the time to buy! I wish Nikon was offering this deal when I bought mine... I still need a grip.

Fear not, in a month or less eBay & FredMiranda will be awash with cheap OEM grips that people got "free" with the current promotions.

Nov 19, 2017 at 08:11 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Yes, I was wondering too if the 16-80 was worth the extra money.

Nov 19, 2017 at 09:07 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

I already have a Meike grip that does more than the Nikon grip. I have had my D500 and grip for 18 months now. I did not have to wait for a "free" grip, either.

I agree. The Nikon grip is grossly overpriced. I have used 3rd party grips and batteries on all my Nikon cameras. Never had a problem.

Nov 19, 2017 at 10:00 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Good for you. Everyone can't say that about the batteries.

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:06 AM
RexGig0
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

I really should add a lens, or two, before adding another camera body, but the lower D500 price is quite tempting, indeed, just within my buy-it-now capability, without having to wait for another payday. The low-light-capable, fast AF would be desirable when my next grandson is born, next month, but my Df had a decent keeper rate rate with its relatively primitive AF, in the dim delivery room, after my first grandson was born.

The D500 would be a better flying-bird camera than anything I have, at this time, but then it would be months before I could afford to add a telephoto lens to take maximum advantage of the D500 for bird photography.

I should learn, within a few days, whether I will be working enough seasonal overtime hours to enable adding a D500, while also being able to acquire a better low-light lens for my next grandson’s birth.

Nov 20, 2017 at 01:43 PM
Tyr-Sog
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

runakid wrote:
Buying mine today.
What should I buy with it?

600 f4

Nov 20, 2017 at 06:24 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Thom Hogan recently reviewed the 16-80mm VR. His conclusion is this is now the top DX mid zoom. (Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 rates even higher, but it's not really a mid range.)

Kent in SD

Nov 20, 2017 at 07:30 PM
Charles Loy
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Two23 wrote:
Thom Hogan recently reviewed the 16-80mm VR. His conclusion is this is now the top DX mid zoom. (Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 rates even higher, but it's not really a mid range.)
Kent in SD

I've read a few of the reviews from verified owners on B&H, many complain it is slow focus on the D500 (or any DX body). Do you use it? Curious what our users have to say.

Nov 20, 2017 at 07:41 PM
henry albert
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Charles Loy wrote:
I've read a few of the reviews from verified owners on B&H, many complain it is slow focus on the D500 (or any DX body). Do you use it? Curious what our users have to say.

I use it a lot on my D500. It's a good general purpose lens. I have no complaints.

Nov 20, 2017 at 09:46 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · For those thinking about getting a D500.......

Well,
I just bought a D500 around two months ago for a very good price off the buy & sell board. Not sure what I'd do with a grip since I've never owned one. But, if there are killer deals out there in a month or two by those selling them off, I might have to try one.

Nov 20, 2017 at 09:48 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.