Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Fast and efficient Christmas portrait setup?

oguruma
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fast and efficient Christmas portrait setup?

I want to do walk-in Christmas portraits at the local mall this season. I want to do print on sight, so I need something fast and efficient. Probably something quasi-photoboothesque.

I need a good setup for a backdrop and floor drop. It seems a lot of people like the sheer curtains/christmas lights setup that was shown in a Tony Northrup video. The problem is that I will be shooting larger groups at some point, which means small aperture = no bokeh.

For lighting I have an ABR800 ringlight, an E640 and a B400 (and a bunch of speedlights, but I don't want to use batteries).

Can anybody recommend me a good way to affect this? I will need to get through each family as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Nov 17, 2017 at 01:14 PM
BubbaJon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fast and efficient Christmas portrait setup?

Buy a Christmasy backdrop set a strobe up high butterfly lighting, short bench with a stool behind.
Or even a green screen where you can substitute background.

Nov 17, 2017 at 09:08 PM
oguruma
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fast and efficient Christmas portrait setup?

Thanks for the input. I thought about doing green screen, but the issue I have is that the only software I have is Photoshop, which takes a few steps to key out effectively.

What do you mean by "short bench with a stool behind"?

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:32 PM
BubbaJon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fast and efficient Christmas portrait setup?

oguruma wrote:
Thanks for the input. I thought about doing green screen, but the issue I have is that the only software I have is Photoshop, which takes a few steps to key out effectively.

What do you mean by "short bench with a stool behind"?

A short bench both height and length to put two people on then a stool for behind.
So a little kid mom can hold with dad on the bench.
Bigger kid or maybe 2 mom holds one on the bench, the bigger sits next to mom use the stool for dad to sit or take a knee on to make the classic triangle.
You would of course drape the bench to hide legs and such.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:17 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.